SANbox 5802V 20-Port 8Gb Fibre Channel Stack Switch from Q-Logic is a versatile switch designed to grow with your business. With 20 activated 8Gb device ports it's ready to manage a number of devices right out of the box. The four dedicated 10Gb stacking ports allow fast and flexible growth as the needs of your business increase, and can also be upgraded to 20Gb without rewiring or replacing any hardware.
The switches are designed so that multiple stacked switches can be managed as one, and the switches are compatible with a wide variety of software, including Enterprise Fabric Suite and SANdoctor. Fabric Security and QuickTools software are included with the switch. The SANbox 5000 series of switches are designed to grow with your business, reducing waste and keeping initial costs low.
- Next-Generation Stacking: A Good Idea Gets Better!
- SANbox 5802V lets you connect 8Gb, 4Gb, or 2Gb devices to a SAN for about the same cost as competing 4Gb-only solutions -- but the investment protection advantages go much deeper! Unlike other solutions, the 5802V offers the ability to phase bandwidth provisioning incrementally within your ISL fabric, the most performance-critical area of the SAN.
- Start with "Always On" 10Gb ISLs
- Each SANbox 5802V ships with all four 10Gb stacking ports active by default. At their default 10Gb setting, the four stacking ports provide over 50Gb additional bandwidth per switch -- the equivalent of six extra 8Gb ports. 10Gb ISL speed provides more than enough bandwidth for customers in the early stages of their 8Gb migration, when many switch ports will still be attached to 4Gb storage and other legacy devices.
- 20Gb Bandwidth On-Demand
- When a majority of SANbox device ports are eventually connected to actual 8Gb devices, additional inter-switch bandwidth may be desired. At that point, customers may non-disruptively upgrade the ISL ports on one or more switches to 20Gb, extending the stability, cost-savings, and performance benefits. IT managers now have all the network headroom they need to deploy new applications and technologies with confidence. Since 20Gb uses the same cables/connectors as 10Gb, customers can upgrade their entire SAN at the click of a mouse -- without touching a cable or purchasing any new hardware.
Easy to Install and Manage
- Installation and Configuration Wizards
- From basic switch setup to advanced zoning and extended distance configuration, the SANbox 5802V has automated routines to make deployment a snap. Installation is a 3-step point-and-click process. Self-configuring switch ports automatically adjust to 8Gb, 4Gb, or 2Gb device speeds.
- On-board Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- No software to load. Just point a web browser at any switch and manage the entire fabric from that location. No matter what your level of expertise, the web-based QuickTools interface has all you need for basic fabric management. For advanced administration of larger SANs, the optional Enterprise Fabric Suite application provides an unprecedented level of intuitive granular control.
Fast, Reliable Performance
- Stack Management
- With Enterprise Fabric Suite, users can manage stacks of 5000 series products as a single device, loading firmware, applying security configuration changes, or handling user and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) administration for up to six switches simultaneously.
- Full Bandwidth Architecture
- The QLogic SANbox 5802V provides uncontested, "wire speed" bandwidth at every port -- a total of 544Gbps per switch. The dedicated 10Gb/20Gb ISL transport makes it easy to create non-blocking multi-switch configurations. ISL capacity expands automatically as device port count grows, ensuring a consistent user experience over time.
- Adaptive Trunking
- No extra cost or complicated license schemes. QLogic Adaptive Trunking optimizes ISL use and performance by pooling the capacity of multiple 20Gb, 10Gb, or 8Gb links into a single high-speed pipeline. Trunks are automatically invoked as needed, eliminating the need for manual configuration. Unlike other trunking implementations, trunked ports do not need to be sequential, and may even be spread across multiple switches. Switch-on-exchange design supports Intelligent Path Selection, Fabric-Shortest-Path-First, and Virtual Trunking.
- I/O StreamGuard RSCN Suppression
- Guaranteed bandwidth for time-sensitive applications such as video streaming.
- Hardware-enforced zoning by Worldwide Name.
- Includes dual hot-swappable power supplies and fans.
- Non-Disruptive Code Load and Activation (NDCLA).
Powerful, Intuitive Software
- Embedded Java web applet for device discovery, device management, zoning, and fabric management. QuickTools includes a configuration wizard and QLogic Drag-and-Drop zoning, the industry's most intuitive zoning method.
- Fabric Security
- Provides the right mix of advanced protection features for user, connection, and device security. This includes support for RADIUS authentication, Secure Shell (SSH), and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Device connection security uses Fibre Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP), DH-CHAP, and FC-GS-4 CT.
- Enterprise Fabric Suite
- Reduce software costs while managing the SAN your way with unprecedented levels of control. Enterprise Fabric Suite bundles high-value enterprise features such as Fabric Tracker, Performance View, Port Threshold Alarms, Stack Management, and mPort movable port activation into a single site-licensed package. You'll spend less time and money licensing individual features or worrying about "balloon payment" per-switch fees as your SAN grows.
- SANdoctor (Optional)
- Comprehensive set of diagnostic tools for trouble-shooting problems in your fabric. SANdoctor includes media digital diagnostics, fabric trace-route, and fabric ping.
- Fully Compatible with Other SANbox Switches
- Mix and match in stacks with all 5000 Series products (2Gb, 4Gb, or 8Gb). The SANbox 5802V is also compatible with FC-SW-2-compliant switches from other vendors.
- Interoperable with All Major Storage, Server, Application and Infrastructure Vendors
- SNMP support, available API and SMI-S agent for integration into popular third-party management applications.
- N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) Support
- Allows full integration and interoperability with applications such as VMware, and hardware including leading transparent blade solutions from IBM, HP, and others. QLogic delivers end-to-end NPIV support on Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) and switches.