Swarovski Optik presents the Z3 - the natural successor to their successful AV riflescope series. The Z3 sports a 1.0" tube with an impeccable scratch-resistant anodized exterior, and the tube's interior is finished with a finely machined microstructure surface to reduce residual reflections. The Z3's trim profile offers a clean unobtrusive look. The field of view is crisp, wide, and rich with fine detail.
The Z3 3-10x42 concentrates on the essentials - it's light, compact, and reliable. The entire scope is fully water and fogproof thanks to a meticulous nitrogen-purging process. The low-profile turrets offer ¼ MOA click-stop corrections, and the quadratic adjustment range provides a generous 50 MOA for both windage and elevation correction. The lenses have been fully multicoated to optimize light transmission, and the external lens surfaces have been treated with a scratch-resistant SWARODUR protective coating.
This Z3 riflescope is configured with a 1.0" tube, and an ML Muzzle Loading reticle in the second focal plane. The parallax correction is factory preset at 109 yd/100 m.
A mounting base and rings are used to attach a riflescope to a firearm. A comfortable sight picture is contingent upon the height of the rings. A comfortable cheek-weld is the result of properly positioning the scope over the receiver. Mounting the scope close to the receiver is preferable, yet scopes with larger objectives need higher rings so the front bell can clear the barrel. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- Optical Performance
- 3x magnification range
- Parallax setting: 109 yd / 100 m
- 42 mm objective provides excellent twilight performance
- SWAROTOP coatings: anti-reflective multicoating enhances light transmission
- SWARODUR coating: protective scratch-resistant coating on external lens surfaces
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen purged - waterproof to 13.0'/4.0 m
- Durable yet lightweight 1.0" aluminum main tube
- Microstructure surface: precisely defined ribbing minimizes residual reflections inside the tube for bright, high-contrast viewing
- ML Muzzle Loading Reticle in the Second Focal Plane
- The ML (Muzzle Loading) reticle is designed to take advantage of the newer, long range spire point muzzle loading bullets. Three posts at 3, 6, & 9 o'clock orientate your eye to the scene, while fine cross hairs intersect to indicate your exact point of aim. Alternating dots and hash-marks on the 6 o'clock stadia provide hold-over points for longer-range target acquisition. Ten pre-printed bullet-drop decals are included; these are pre-calculated with ballistic data for five popular .50 caliber bullets with 100 & 150 gr loads. There are 5 blank decals for custom loads. The ML reticle is quite versatile; it can also be used for many popular centerfire cartridges. In technical terms, cartridges with muzzle velocities between 2800-3000 fps, with a ballistic coefficient between .380 and .475, correspond well with the configuration of the ML reticle.
- Note: This reticle is placed in the second, or non-magnifying, focal plane. Therefore, the bullet drop calculations must be made with the magnification factor set to 10x.