Swarovski Optik presents the Z3 - the natural successor to their successful AV riflescope series. The Z3 sports a 1.0" tube with an impeccable scratch-resistant anodized exterior, and the tube's interior is finished with a finely machined microstructure surface to reduce residual reflections. The Z3's trim profile offers a clean unobtrusive look. The field of view is crisp, wide, and rich with fine detail.
The Z3 4-12x50 concentrates on the essentials - it's light, relatively compact, and reliable. The entire scope is fully water and fogproof thanks to a meticulous nitrogen-purging process. The low-profile turrets offer ¼ MOA click-stop corrections, and the quadratic adjustment range provides a generous 43 MOA for both windage and elevation correction. The lenses have been fully multicoated to optimize light transmission, and the external lens surfaces have been treated with a scratch-resistant SWARODUR protective coating.
This Z3 riflescope is configured with a 1.0" tube, and a Plex reticle in the second focal plane. The parallax correction is factory preset at 109 yd/100 m.
A mounting base and rings are used to attach a riflescope to a firearm. A comfortable sight picture is contingent upon the height of the rings. A comfortable cheek-weld is the result of properly positioning the scope over the receiver. Mounting the scope close to the receiver is preferable, yet scopes with larger objectives need higher rings so the front bell can clear the barrel. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- Optical Performance
- 3x magnification range
- Parallax setting: 109 yd / 100 m
- 50 mm objective provides enhanced twilight performance
- SWAROTOP coatings: anti-reflective multicoating enhances light transmission
- SWARODUR coating: protective scratch-resistant coating on external lens surfaces
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen purged - waterproof to 13.0'/4.0 m
- Durable yet lightweight 1.0" aluminum main tube
- Microstructure surface: precisely defined ribbing minimizes residual reflections inside the tube for bright, high-contrast viewing
- Plex Reticle in the Second Focal Plane
- Plex reticle: four long medium weight tapered posts. The posts stand out well against dark backgrounds while fine cross hairs establish your exact point of aim. The narrow gate of this reticle isolates your point of aim quickly to ensure rapid target acquisition.
- Second focal plane positioning of the reticle maintains the reticle's size across the magnification range