The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 is a full-featured, compact digital camera with full high-definition video recording built-in. Available in 4 bold colors, the stylish ergonomic body is easy to carry and fun to use.
The camera's 12.1 megapixel image sensor captures all of your memories with rich color and remarkable detail. An integrated GPS unit automatically records location information to image files. Whether you're shooting wide landscapes or an action-packed sporting event, the 12x Leica VARIO-ELMAR zoom lens allows you to capture your vision without compromise.
Panasonic's newly developed Intelligent Auto Exposure (iA) Mode simplifies face detection autofocus, AF tracking for moving subjects, optical image stabilization, scene mode selection, and ISO to make great pictures as simple as point-and-shoot. Concentrate on the subject in front of you--let the camera do the rest.
The DMC-ZS7 brings HD video to your digital lifestyle like never before. Recording full 1280 x 720 at 30 frames-per-second in AVCHD format brings smooth, broadcast video quality to your family vacations, sporting events, and other memories. And with the included YouTube Uploader software and integrated HDMI port, it's easy to share your videos and pictures online or on your HDTV.
- 12x Optical Zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens
- Leica optics are world-renowned for their high quality and exceptional value. Coupled with the LUMIX DMC-ZS7, the 12x Optical Zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens provides dramatic wide angle to telephoto coverage. This range represents an incredible 35mm equivalent of 25-300mm. From landscapes to portraits, macro to sports action shots, this optic ensures first-class image quality in an ultra-convenient focal range.
- 12.1 Megapixel Resolution
- Using an advanced 12.1 megapixel imaging sensor, the DMC-ZS7 is capable of creating detailed, poster-sized prints. High resolution also provides greater detail and flexibility when cropping and editing photos.
- Built-in GPS
- Employing an integrated GPS unit, the DMC-ZS7 automatically embeds latitude and longitude coordinates in image EXIF data. Geographical regions, city names, and landmarks are recorded to photos in real-time using an internal database. This information can later be used with social networking maps, project continuity, and other location-specific applications.
- Intelligent Auto Exposure (iA)
- Taking great photos should be as simple as point-and-shoot. That's the philosophy behind Panasonic's Intelligent Auto Exposure (iA). Combining face detection autofocus, AF tracking for moving subjects, image stabilization, scene mode selection, and auto ISO selection, the DMC-ZS7 delivers consistently beautiful photographs. The all-new Happy Mode optimizes color, saturation, and brightness for great photos and video.
- Advanced Manual Controls
- For users that want more creative control over exposure, the DMC-ZS7 offers Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual exposure options. By selecting one of these creative options, photographers can apply selective depth of field and timing.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.)
- The LUMIX DMC-ZS7 is equipped with Panasonic's newly developed POWER Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.). Twice as effective as the previous generation stabilizer, POWER O.I.S. automatically detects and corrects for camera shake. Even under low-light conditions, the DMC-ZS7 provides consistently sharp, crisp, photographs you can be proud of. The technology works seamlessly with or without a flash.
- HD Video Recording + Easy Sharing
- Using the professional AVCHD format, the DMC-ZS7 is able to capture stunning high definition video at 1280 x 720 resolution at a smooth 30 frames-per-second (minimum Class 6 SDHC/SDXC card required). Included software makes it easy to burn content to DVD or upload to YouTube.
- High Speed AF
- Autofocus with the DMC-ZS7 has been updated with improved performance for tracking action subjects. Quick AF technology activates autofocus before you even press the shutter button--minimizing AF seek time and dramatically improving action photography.