This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The AD300s Underwater Housing from Aquatica is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the surface with your Nikon D300s DSLR camera. It has a depth rating of 295', which is upgradeable to 426'. Mechanical controls provide easy access to virtually every single camera function, and dual ergonomic grip handles afford optimal handling and comfort. For convenience, vital functions can be accessed while keeping your hands on the grips.
The housing is made of aluminum, which has been anodized to military specifications to ensure superior corrosion resistance and then covered in a layer of weather and wear-resistant paint for even greater durability. The D300S ships without a required lens port, though various interchangeable bayonet-mount ports are available for wide-angle, macro, and zoom lenses. For full compatibility, see Port Chart and System Chart.
The housing has dual optical connectors for the attachment of optional external strobes via fiber-optic cables. The standard eyepiece offers a full view of the camera's optical viewfinder, and the optional coated Aqua View Finder offers an enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment.
- Safe to use at depths up to 295' by default, with the option to upgrade to an even greater depth rating of 426'. Watertight seal provided by O-rings and heavy-duty latches with safety locks. An optional moisture alarm with LED warning light will alert you in unlikely event of a breach in waterproof seal.
- Controls and Handling
- Mechanical controls provide easy access to virtually every single camera function, including power on/off, live view mode, record on/off, exposure mode, bracketing, metering and focus control, as well as AF-on activation and AE-AF lock via the easy-access lever. Additionally, access the review, enlarge and delete functions, plus histogram, internal SLR preferences and more. Dual ergonomic grip handles afford optimal handling and comfort. For convenience, vital functions can be accessed while keeping your hands on the grips. Buttons have been angled at 20° and extended when needed for easier, more comfortable access. Knobs are grooved and knurled for improved operation when wearing thick gloves.
- Built to last, the housing is precision machined from a single block of lightweight aluminum, which has been anodized to military specifications to ensure superior corrosion resistance, and then covered in a layer of weather and wear-resistant paint for even greater durability. All function labels are pad-printed, so they will not peel off or fade. Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect parts of the housing that are not anodized against corrosion by corroding themselves. Additionally, four rubber anti-skid pads prevent housing from sliding on wet decks.
- Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port, though various interchangeable, bayonet-mount dome and flat ports are available for wide-angle, macro and zoom lenses. Extension rings and zoom and focus gears are also available separately. This housing allows for the use of lenses from 10mm fisheye to 180mm macro. For full compatibility, see port chart linked above. The four-point mounting system and locking mechanism leave no doubt that your ports are secure and the seal is watertight. A lever is provided for easy lens changing without having to remove the camera from the housing.
- Strobe Use
- Configured with dual optical connectors for the attachment of optional external strobe flash units via sync cords, which are available separately. Also provided are adapters for Inon type and Sea & Sea type optical sync cords. Manual and S-TTL exposure control are available. These bulkhead connectors are user-serviceable and replacing them is done quickly, without the need for any special tool, in a matter of minutes.
- Both grips accept optional support arms for strobes or video lights, and are configured with standard 1/4"-20 mounting holes. Additional mounting holes are also provided on the housing itself.
- Additional Features
- The standard eyepiece offers a full view of the camera's optical viewfinder, and the optional coated Aqua View Finder offers an enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and dioptric adjustment. This compact Aqua finder will not obstruct your view of the camera's LCD. No special tools are required to mount it onto the housing.
- Optional Hydrophone
- Available separately and easily mounted using one of the housing's accessory bulkhead holes, the hydrophone will enable you to record sound underwater to accompany your videos.