The Aquatica Underwater Housing with Double Nikonos Bulkheads can get you in the water with your Canon 7D right away. It features Aquatica's new Aqua View viewfinder, which employs a high-quality coated glass element to deliver a bright, crisp image of the camera viewfinder, a design that allows for quick removal for storage and transportation, a body of anodized aluminum, and exposed glass made of corrosion-resistant material. The viewing area is 100% of the actual DSLR finder with easy diopter adjustments, and LCD information in the camera's viewfinder is readily available when shooting.
The housing is machined from a solid block of lightweight military-grade anodized aluminum that's been coated with a tough weather- and wear-resistant powder coating, and it's rated to 300' (90m). It features dual Nikonos bulkhead connectors to operate with two manually controlled strobes. The 7D housing provides easy access to the video function controls as well as all still photography functions, and it has the same mounting bayonet that accepts existing Aquatica accessories and ports, including the Megadome and remote control cord (available separately).
Note: Requires Lens port
Also Note: Most zoom lenses require a close-up diopter filter to correct focus distance.
- Bayonet Port
- A positive four-point bayonet mounting and locking mechanism leaves no doubt that your ports are securely in place and watertight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offer the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid lens changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm/180° fisheye lens to a 200mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available separately.
- Buttons have been angled 20° and extended when needed for better ergonomics--knobs are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation even when wearing thick gloves
- Available separately as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessory bulkhead mounting holes
- Fingertip access to all camera menus and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, meter positioning and focus control, AF activation and lock access via a single easy access lever. Access to all menu features includes Review, Enlarge and Delete, Histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens Release
- A lever is provided for easy lens changing through the front port with the camera installed
- Remote Control Grip
- Available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessory bulkhead mounting holes
- Viewing Eye Piece
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system; the Aquatica Aqua View Finder gives the user unparalleled viewing of the camera's viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition
- Standard Nikonos Type Bulkheads
- External manual flash-ready using 2 single Nikonos-type sync cords