The Aquatica Underwater Housing with Manual Ikelite Bulkhead can get you in the water with your Canon 7D right away. Machined from a solid block of lightweight military-grade anodized aluminum that's been finished with a tough weather- and wear-resistant powder coating, this housing is rated to 300' (90m). The 7D housing provides easy access to the video function controls as well as all still photography functions, and it has the a mounting bayonet that accepts existing Aquatica accessories and ports, including the Megadome, Aqua View finder and remote control cord (all available separately).
The Single Ikelite bulkhead allows use of a single strobe connected to an Ikelite sync cord. You can use dual strobes, using an Ikelite dual sync cord. Strobe exposure with this bulkhead is manual only.
Note: Requires Lens port
Also Note: Most zoom lenses require a close-up diopter filter to correct focus distance.
- Single Ikelite Bulkhead (Manual)
- The Single Ikelite bulkhead allows use of a single strobe connected to an Ikelite sync cord. You can use dual strobes, using an Ikelite dual sync cord. Strobe exposure with this bulkhead is manual only.
- Bayonet Port
- Positive four-point bayonet mounting and a locking mechanism leave no doubt that your ports are securely in place and watertight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings offer the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid lens changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm/180° fisheye lens to a 200mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available separately.
- Buttons have been angled 20° and extended when needed for better ergonomics--knobs are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves.
- Available separately as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessory bulkhead mounting holes.
- Fingertip access to all camera menus and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, meter positioning and focus control, AF activation and lock access via a single easy access lever. Access to all menu features includes Review, Enlarge and Delete, Histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens Release
- A lever is provided for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Remote Control Grip
- Available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessory bulkhead mounting holes.
- Viewing Eye Piece
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. Our housing uses a viewfinder that shows the biggest and the brightest image possible in full-frame viewing.