If you're looking for a TV for your den, bedroom or home the Panasonic TC-P50C2 50" 720p Plasma TV may be exactly what you're looking for. Its 50" diagonally measured screen straddles the line between midsize and large sets. If you'll be viewing it from about five to ten feet away you'll find you're close enough to enjoy a good-sized picture but far enough away that you can enjoy the image without noticing the individual pixels that create it.
This set just might produce the best television picture you've ever seen. With its HD (720p) resolution and 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio it starts out with some spectacular stats. But then Panasonic has added feature upon feature to improve an already excellent picture.
Its 3-D Color Management feature improves the hue, saturation and brightness by precisely honing in on those colors that need correction while leaving others alone. The Anti-Reflective Filter keeps those vivid lifelike colors from being marred by room reflections on the screen.
Pair your TC-P50C2 with a DVD or Blu-ray player that supports 24p playback and you'll watch movies at exactly the frame rate at which they were shot without "jaggies" or "judder".
In addition to TV, DVDs and Blu-ray discs you can insert an SD Card into its slot on the TV to view individual JPEG images or even JPEG slideshows with music.
In the past, plasma sets were known as energy gulpers. No more. Your TC-P50C2 uses about half the energy similar sets used just a few years ago. It even meets the Energy Star standard.
With all the latest high technology Panasonic hasn't forgotten about those who are hearing impaired. This set can display closed captioning from sources that provide it, which can also come in handy when you're watching in a noisy environment such as a gym or trade show.
Finally, your TC-P50C2 has what might be considered the ultimate energy saver. If you like to fall asleep watching late night TV, set the off timer to turn off the TV after your last program is over.
- HDMI v 1.3 with x.v.Color / Deep Color
- This set has three HDMI 1.3 input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals also support Deep Color and the x.v.Color color space of the HDMI 1.3 standard. Deep Color provides 10-bit color depths (over 1.07 billion colors) for smooth gradation between colors, while x.v.Color reproduces natural, lifelike images.
- Viera Link (HDMI CEC)
- Viera Link technology lets you enjoy the convenience of one remote control to operate and control all your compatible home entertainment devices. It utilizes the HDMI CEC standard to easily turn on and control your compatible HDMI-connected components without having to use multiple remote controls.
- 24p Playback
- The TC-P50C2 has 24p playback. Because motion pictures are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps) and video is recorded at 30 fps, translating film to video has always been problematic. The solution is 24p playback, so you can watch motion pictures (from DVD or Blu-ray players that also support 24p) at exactly the frame rate they were filmed for smoother, more lifelike images.
- A Great Choice If You Care About the Environment
- Not only is the TC-P50C2 in compliance with the Energy Star standard, Panasonic has eliminated the use of mercury and lead in its front panel.
- Advanced 3D Color Management
- 3D color management is a new process that uses a 3D color matrix (hue, saturation, and brightness). This process optimizes all colors to deliver pictures that are beautiful to the human eye. It brings out the full beauty and richness of every image.
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction
- The motion pattern noise reduction circuit detects motion patterns that tend to generate video noise, and makes adjustments to maximize image quality. It helps produce clear, sharp images with outstanding detail, even in scenes with considerable motion. This result is a noticeable improvement in moving picture quality.
- 6,144 Steps of Gradation
- The equivalent of a full 6,144 steps of gradation assures smooth, rich image expression. This superb gradation performance means that even the delicate shades of colors in a sunrise are accurately conveyed.
- Anti-Reflective Filter
- This advanced filter keeps images sharp, with minimal glare. While dramatically reducing reflections from external light, it helps to produce clear images and maintain a wide range of color.
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive
- 600Hz technology lets you view superb full-HD motion and still images with 1,080 lines of resolution. For even greater clarity with motion images, Panasonic uses its own unique image-analysis technology. This technology converts the motion in each scene at the sub-field level. This optimizes the data to display fast-action scenes in full-HD resolution.