The 280 Watt JVC TH-BA3 5.1 Channel Surround Soundbar System offers you the luxury of a wireless speaker set at an affordable price. In fact, JVC says it's the world's first dual wireless soundbar system that features a wireless subwoofer and wireless surround speakers.
Here's how it works: The wall-mountable soundbar contains speakers for the left, center and right channels. The center panel uses two speakers while the left and right speakers have one each for a total of four. It's also the part that connects to your receiver/amplifier. And it can decode Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS surround codecs, which comes in handy if your amp can't. It also has two optical digital audio inputs.
The subwoofer is powered and it has its own wireless receiver.
The two surround speakers plug into a powered wireless receiver you can place in the back of the room. Sure, there are wires to the receiver but you place the receiver behind you and out of the way. The big convenience is not needing to run wires the length of your viewing/listening room from front to back.
- 5.1 channel surround sound system
- Wall-mountable soundbar with 3-3/16 (8cm) four full-range speaker units
- Wireless 6-5/16" (16 cm) powered subwoofer
- Total system power is 280 watts
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS decoders
- Surround Speakers can be placed in either vertically or horizontally
- Two optical digital inputs
- Remote control included