The Zeiss DigiZoom 6-24mm T1.9 continues the long, productive relationship between Carl Zeiss Optics and professional filmmakers. Built to the company's most exacting standards, this zoom lens is designed specifically for 3-chip 2/3" digital cinema cameras to provide the sharpest low-light imagery possible. Super fast at T1.9, this compact, rugged lens has the advantage of maintaining sharpness when wide open--which means no compromises, even in low light.
Equally important to a professional production are precision and control, and the DigiZoom provides both, with its highly accurate and easy-to-read focus scales, precise back focus, and internal focus design. Able to hold the most critical focus, the lens exhibits virtually zero shifting and breathing, so image size remains the same throughout the focus range. And because the 6-24mm is super color matched to every other Zeiss DigiPrime and DigiZoom, your production can maintain uniform color characteristics from lens to lens.
- Small Wonder
- At just 9.8" (249mm), the Carl Zeiss DigiZoom is surprisingly compact and lightweight. So it's sure to fit the bill for handheld, remote and Steadicam work. Featuring all the standard cine-style accouterments--and then some--this zoom lens is equally advantageous in a studio situation, fully outfitted with cine mattebox, bridgeplate, as well as focus, zoom, and iris motors.
- Common Advantages
- For easy use and optimal compatibility with cine lens accessories, the 4x optic offers industry-standard pitch integral zoom, focus and iris gears, and brightly marked oversized windowed cine scales that are readable from either side of the lens. Focus scales are individually calibrated to each lens for pinpoint accuracy; and, like the rest of the family, the Carl Zeiss DigiZoom features a 95mm front diameter.
- Precision Back Focus
- It was DigiPrime lenses that set a new standard for precision back-focus alignment. So it is no surprise that the 4x zoom employs the ZEISS proprietary back-focus mechanism to ensure accurately maintained focus scale calibration across the focusing range. The zoom is fully compatible with the ZEISS Sharp Max Universal Back-Focus Alignment device.
- Internal Focusing Design & Close Focusing
- This innovative zoom employs the Carl Zeiss Internal Focusing Design to ensure top performance--center to corner--over the entire focus and zoom range, a consistent center of gravity, minimum balance shift, and no breathing. What's more, like most Zeiss DigiPrime lenses, the 6-24mm zoom focuses to just 22" from the image plane. That's a close-focusing 11" from the front of the lens. ZEISS DigiZoom uniquely offers the ability to focus tightly on objects as small as 66mm x 117mm. So even objects as small as a business card can fill the frame in precise focus.
- 9-Blade Iris
- Both ZEISS DigiZoom and DigiPrime lenses utilize the same innovative iris design for unequaled performance, free from lag, slop, or backlash.
- Lowlight Friendly
- The 6-24mm zoom offers numerous advantages for film-style productions. Like DigiPrime lenses, the zoom has been engineered for optimum performance in low light situations with the aperture fully open. The Carl Zeiss design provides unsurpassed contrast control by minimizing flare, veiling glare, and internal reflections--well below other lenses. It also offers superior relative illumination and high resolution over the entire screen edge-to-edge, throughout the focal range. Users will appreciate that the ZEISS DigiZoom does not ramp.
- Perfect Color Match
- For exceptional color characteristics, Carl Zeiss carefully selects superior quality optical glass, then applies proprietary coatings. Naturally, ZEISS engineers have designed the 4x zoom to accurately color match and seamlessly intercut images made with the DigiPrime family.