The Bowens Gemini 500R 2-Light 2-Umbrella Kit (230VAC) is a solid studio or location lighting rig that holds 2 Gemini 500R monolights (for a total of 1000Ws), which can operate from standard 230VAC power, or from the optional Travelpak portable battery unit, making this powerful monolight a good choice for versatility as well as control.
The simplicity of analog dials with the precision of digital control makes the Gemini 500R a joy to use. One dial easily changes output in 1 f-stop stages, another in 1/10 f-stop steps, to set power over a 5 f-stop range. One switch changes the modelling light from full power to proportional (to actual flash output), to off, or you can choose the modelling light level. The 500R has a card slot which will accept an optional radio trigger card compatible with the Pulsar, PocketWizard, or Litelink radio systems. And the monolights can also be controlled (including all basic features and advanced settings) from up to 32' (10 m) away with the optional Bowens RC3 IR remote handset.
In addition to the 2 monolights, this kit gives you 2 light stands, 2 white/silver umbrellas for light modification, 2 wide angle flash head reflectors, a sync cord, a user's guide and a rolling kit case. This kit is supplied for use with 230VAC.
- Twin-dial power control system - offers flash power adjustments in exact 1-stops, or 1/10-stop adjustments
- 5-stop flash power variability, from 15 to 500Ws
- 7-segment LED display
- Infra-red remote control capabilities
- Plug-in radio trigger module facility. Modules available for Bowens Pulsar & PocketWizard radio trigger system (modules sold separately)
- Auto dump
- Audible & visual "ready" indicators
- Advanced photocell
- Side & rear function display LEDs
- Other functions include Invert Display, Lamp-Saver Mode, Flash Count
- AC or battery powered (compatible with optional Travelpak battery)
- Compatible with all "S" type attachments