The Boston Acoustics Reflection Series Compact Satellite Loudspeaker with its high-gloss black finish and minimalist grille is a thing of beauty to behold but its visual promise is more than fulfilled when you hear it. Boston Acoustics uses a wide range of audio technologies like an Extended Wide Bandwidth tweeter (EWB) and multi-composite woofer cones with Deep Channel Design to bring you clean highly-focused sound with minimal distortion over a frequency range of 78Hz - 26kHz.
- Smart Tweeter Technology
- The EWB (Extended Wide Bandwidth) tweeter borrows the same performance attributes found in Boston Acoustic's flagship VS line - stabilized linear motion, lower distortion, improved dispersion, power handling, and clarity. This was accomplished by special central diaphragm termination (creating a dimple) and rear chamber venting.
- Multi-composite Woofer Cones
- Fiber Ceramic Copolymer Material (FCCM) Woofer cones are made from a composite of fiber and ceramic materials and impregnated in a proprietary copolymer. By combining these multi-composite cones with Deep Channel Design, these woofers produce a smooth response over the entire operating range.
- Advanced Cabinet Design and Driver Configuration
- While each speaker baffle features a smooth surface and invisible hardware, the real secret behind the Reflection Series' Super Linear Plane (SLP) baffles is their unique ability to nearly eliminate acoustic diffraction. Super-shallow grilles using an invisible magnetic attachment create an almost entirely seamless alignment with the baffle plane to significantly reduce sonic barriers. Each speaker delivers near point-source sonic coherence, wide dispersion, and astonishing imaging.