The Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 Home Theater System is great when you want exceptional surround sound but you don't want your room dominated by speakers. The satellite speakers (two front, two surround and a center speaker) are less than 4 x 4 x 4 1/2 inches in size. And their unique shape and included articulating mounting brackets mean you can place them almost anywhere, at almost any angle.
Despite their tiny size these mighty mites each contains a 1/2 inch dome tweeter and a 2 1/2 inch mid-bass. And they're magnetically shielded so they won't interfere with TVs, monitors and other electronic devices.
Of course the point one in 5.1 is the subwoofer and this set's is powered. It can create deep, powerful bass without distortion thanks to its Boston Acoustics-exclusive BassTrac circuitry. It's just over one cubic foot in size but it can crank out 100 watts RMS with peak power of 250 watts.
If you're eager to get started in surround sound now, the SoundWare XS system offers a great opportunity. If, in the future, you decide you want to move up to a 6.1 or 7.1 channel surround sound system all you have to do is buy additional satellite speakers. Identical satellite speakers are available separately for expansion of your system.
- Big Sound in Small Satellites
- SoundWare XS satellite speakers are incredibly small yet provide big, high performance sound. Each one has a 1/2 inch dome tweeter and a 2 1/2 inch mid-bass driver. And each one is magnetically shielded.
- Easy to Add More Satellite Speakers
- If you want to move up to a 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound system it's easy to purchase identical satellite speakers.
- Flexible Installation Options
- Included articulating mounting brackets allow satellite speakers to be positioned at any angle.
- 8" 100-watt Powered Subwoofer
- The subwoofer features a graphite-injected polymer woofer using Deep Channel Design (DCD) for more bass from less amplifier power. BassTrac circuitry provides tight, distortion-free bass at all output levels. The subwoofer's 100-watt (250-watt peak) amplifier supplies powerful low frequency reproduction. Its acoustically tuned port improves bass output.