The ARES-ML4 from Nagra is a professional-quality digital audio recorder ideal for any mobile recording application. The recorder has 4GB of built-in solid-state memory to provide stable, reliable operation. You can choose to record Linear PCM, MP3, or MP2 audio files at resolutions up to 24-bit/48kHz.
The ARES-ML4 has a built-in mono electret omnidirectional microphone, and includes a mono XLR cable for connecting an external mic. Clip-on external mics are also available. Stereo 3.5mm line input and output connectors allow you to connect CD players, MP3 players, external speakers, and more. A built-in speaker lets you play back recordings for quick monitoring without the need for additional equipment.
A USB 2.0 port is provided to transfer your recordings to a Mac or PC for editing and sharing. The recorder can operate for up to 10 hours on a pair of AA batteries. Other useful features include instant start-up, one-button recording, automatic level control, voice-activated recording, and an onboard graphical editing interface.
- Ultra Compact
- The compact and rugged metal construction allows you to use the recorder in the most demanding environments. The slim size and intuitive interface make one-handed operation a snap.
- Integrated Solid-State Memory
- The recorder features 4GB of internal solid-state memory to provide a robust and reliable recording platform.
- Recording Options
- You can choose to record Linear PCM, MP3, or MP2 audio files at resolutions up to 24-bit/48kHz.
- Microphone Options
- The ARES-ML4 has a built-in mono microphone, and includes a mono XLR mic cable. Additional clip-on microphones are available separately.
- Integrated Speaker
- The integrated speaker makes it easy to quickly play back recordings without the need for additional equipment.
- Line-Level I/O
- Line-level 3.5mm stereo input and output connectors allow you to connect CD players, MP3 players, headphones, external speakers, and more.
- USB 2.0
- The USB 2.0 port provides high-speed file transfer to a Mac or PC.
- Battery or AC Power
- The recorder can operate for up to 10 hours on a pair of standard AA batteries. It can also be powered with an AC power supply (not included).
- Built-in Editor
- Integrated graphic editing software lets you perform basic edits in the field. The software is completely non-destructive, so your original files stay intact.
- Automatic Features
- Useful features such as voice-activated recording, automatic level control, a low cut filter, and instant start-up make using the ARES-ML simple for even the most basic users.
- Accessories Included
- The ARES-ML4 comes complete with a carrying case, mono mic cable, mini USB cable, pair of AA batteries, and instruction manual CD.