The ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition from Netgear is a high-performance network hard drive array enclosure. It supports installation of up to 6 SATA II hard drives, which can be configured as RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, or RAID 6.
It features a dual-port Gigabit Ethernet interface, support for database and server virtualization applications. The enclosure features an array of multimedia storage features, as well as support for Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX clients.
- Powered by an Intel multi-core processor, the ReadyNAS Pro is a powerful NAS for mission-critical business data across a variety of different platforms. The high-performance platform, coupled with dual Gigabit Ethernet and jumbo frame support provides enough bandwidth to allow more users to access data storage simultaneously.
- With an easy Web browser interface and setup wizard, ReadyNAS can be configured with minimal effort - saving you valuable time. Traditional servers can take hours to configure, and they don't have built-in system monitoring and email alerts. With the ReadyNAS Pro, you'll receive email alerts whenever something out of the ordinary arises, such as disk failure, over-temperature condition, and fan failure, giving you peace of mind and saving money.
- The ReadyNAS Pro is designed to ensure full data redundancy without compromising the system performance. The ReadyNAS Pro supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and NETGEAR's patent pending X-RAID2, with hot spare capability. With RAID 6, the system ensures data integrity even with 2 simultaneous disk failures. The extra disk bays provided by the 6-bay ReadyNAS Pro makes RAID 6 and hot spares practical options worth considering to prevent any prolonged state in which the ReadyNAS data volume is left in an unprotected state.
- X-RAID2 is the 2nd generation of ReadyNAS's proven patent-pending Auto-Expandable RAID technology. X-RAID2 automates the volume expansion for you as you scale from 1 drive to 6 drives while keeping your data online. Additionally, as your storage requirement grows, you can replace your disks with larger capacity ones, and X-RAID2 automatically and incrementally expands your storage "vertically." No other NAS devices in this class can do this without reformatting your disks and shuffling your data back and forth.
- All ReadyNAS systems include multiple backup layers that can be customized to fit business needs. First, protect network clients with included CDP software. Second, snapshot ReadyNAS data to ensure a recovery point. Then, backup to a USB drive on demand or on a schedule. Finally, secure replication between systems is standard with all business-class ReadyNAS products.
- ReadyNAS Vault software connects ReadyNAS systems to an enterprise-class Web-based storage infrastructure. This centralized, set-and-forget choice means no more dedicated servers, licenses or failed job worries, and captures as little or as much data as you choose. Recovery can be done from any network location and is as simple as using a Web browser.
- The industrial design and compact desktop form factor of the ReadyNAS Pro makes it perfect not just for small and medium size businesses, but also for departments and work groups. Standing only ten inches tall and seven inches wide, it can fit in any server space or on any desk. ReadyNAS Pro also offers low power consumption and a special energy-saving mode allowing you to not only spin-down your drives but also program the ReadyNAS to automatically power on only when the device will be in use. In addition, with Wake-on-LAN, you can power off the ReadyNAS and wake it up remotely when you need to access it.