Imagine getting a true 5.1 channel home theater system with the speakers and a Blu-ray player included.
You're imagining the Samsung HT-C5500 5.1 Channel Blu-ray Home Theater System. But this is no figment of your imagination. It's real, it's here and you can get yours at a surprisingly affordable price.
Just add a high definition TV and some Blu-ray discs or DVDs and you'll have a complete private cinema that will provide you with many hours of viewing and listening pleasure. And you'll be proud to show it to (and enjoy it with) your family and friends.
In addition to 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition resolutions the C5500 can upscale all of your current DVDs from 480i to 480p, resulting in a picture so good some of your friends may assume they're watching Blu-ray discs. And with an HDMI v 1.4 output, signals stay in pure digital form from your C5500 to your HDTV.
Samsung certainly didn't cut any corners to make the C5500 affordable. Its built-in amplifier and 5.1 speakers pump out 1000 watts of audio surround sound power. Your Blu-ray discs, DVDs and CDs will not only look great, they'll sound great too.
One reason they'll sound so good is your C5500's Crystal Amp Pro Circuitry. It uses two internal signal filters to remove sound distortion and noise to provide you with crystal clear sound.
That crystal clear sound can be enhanced by audio processors (codecs) from Dolby and DTS. Most DVDs and Blu-ray discs today have sound tracks encoded in two or more of them. You can decide for yourself which ones you like best.
Another reason the C5500 sounds so good is ASC. That's Automatic Sound Calibration. Like more-expensive home theaters, this one can "fingerprint" your listening environment. No two rooms are alike. Curtains, chairs, lamps and other features of a room absorb and reflect sound in a crazy-quilt manner.
With Auto Sound Calibration you just place the included microphone at your listening position. Your C5500 tunes the output of each speaker so the net result is that your room will sound more like an ideal audio studio. If you change the room arrangement or move the unit to another room altogether you can repeat the process in a snap.
Have you heard about DLNA yet? The Digital Living Network Alliance is an industry group promoting a standard way for compatible devices to share content on a home network. Samsung calls their brand of the standard AllShare. With AllShare you can watch movies from your PC on your TV and even do futuristic stuff like wirelessly sync your PC to you Samsung cell phone.
Connectivity is key everywhere. Of course your C5500 has an RJ45 jack so you can plug it in to your home network and ultimately the Internet. If you want to connect wirelessly you can purchase an optional Wi-Fi adapter.
Once you're on the Net you've entered the land of what Samsung likes to call Infinite Entertainment. It's a land where you can download "widgets" and apps from Blockbuster, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr, Pandora and dozens of other free and paid services.
On top of all these great features what more could you want? Well how about a dock for your iPod and iPhone? You're in luck. Your C5500 includes one. Your Samsung C5500 isn't just a home theater system. It's the hub of your own little entertainment empire, right in the comfort of your home.
- 5.1 Channel Surround Sound for Cinema at Home
- Replicate the theater experience in your own home by immersing yourself in 5.1 channel surround sound. You can position the speakers throughout your space to bring your favorite music and movies to life with heart pounding soul stirring cinematic sound, transforming your living room into the ultimate home theater.
- Auto Sound Calibration (ASC) "Fingerprints" Your Audio Environment
- Wherever you sit is now the best seat in the house. Auto Sound Calibration makes sure you're hearing optimal sound by automatically configuring the speakers and subwoofer. Simply place the ASC microphone next to your favorite viewing spot, press the ASC button on your remote control, and then experience audio nirvana.
- Crystal Amp Pro for Distortion-Free Audio
- Let the C5500's crystal-clear sea of sound carry you away. Engineered with Noise Compensation technology, the Crystal Amplifier eliminates distracting distortion by quickly sensing signal changes and enhancing response speed. And it delivers audio that's rich, realistic and polished so that you feel like you're right in the middle of the action. With the C5500, you hear exactly what you're supposed to be hearing.
- iPod Dock Lets You Enjoy Both Audio and Video from Compatible Devices
- Integrating your electronic devices with each other is an important part of the home entertainment experience. That's why your C5500 makes it easy to incorporate your iPhone and iPod into your home theater system. Just set either into the provided docking cradle and you'll be able to enjoy your favorite songs and videos—and share them with your friends and family—while charging. It's all conveniently controlled with your home theater remote so you don't have to leave the couch.
- Enjoy Infinite Entertainment with Internet@TV
- Internet@TV delivers the best of the web, straight to your HDTV, with downloadable widgets and apps like Blockbuster, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Pandora and more. You can shop online, share pictures, catch up with friends and more. Connect to a wide range of streaming digital content at the touch of a button (There's a lot of free content available plus paid and subscription-based services.).
- Share Audio and Video All Over the House with DLNA-Based AllShare
- Your C550 is part of DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance). Samsung's DLNA Certified Home Theaters have AllShare, which enables you to play files stored on your PC through your home theater. Enjoy movies, music and photos from your PC and mobile devices, right on your Samsung TV screen. With your C5500's AllShare, you can wirelessly sync your PC and Samsung mobile phone with your TV, even keep tabs on who's calling and texting you with real-time monitoring on your screen. Samsung's AllShare makes staying connected easy.
- Upscale Your DVD Collection.
- Upscale your standard definition DVDs into higher resolution DVDs (480i standard resolution to 480p enhanced resolution). Your favorite DVDs will feature brilliant details and rich, robust colors more like those you've come to enjoy from the high definition content on your HDTV.
- Anynet+ (HDMI CEC) Puts You In Charge with a Single Remote
- Anynet+ is an AV Network system to automatically control Samsung Audio/Video (AV) devices that are connected via HDMI cables. There's no need to use different remote controls for different devices. With the Anynet+ feature, all you need is one remote control for a simple and convenient experience.
- DivX HD Playback for Even More Options
- Do you have DivX videos you've downloaded onto your computer? You can watch them on your big screen HDTV, courtesy of your C5500.