This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
When the situation is critical and lives are on the line, difficult conditions and awkward positions become your best friend and your worst enemy. Rapid reticle-to-target lock-on is a necessity, not a luxury - particularly when the target is moving, shifting, and evading your advance. The stakes are high - success is mandatory; this is why you're equipped with the L-3 EOTech HWS.
EOTech's holographic technology employs a laser to create a virtual image of a reticle pattern in the heads-up display window. The reticle's pattern is embedded in the window - there is absolutely no light projected onto the target plane.
The HWS ensures significant gains in speed upon initial weapon presentation, and target-to-target shot placement. Seemingly effortless follow-up shots can be executed with unprecedented speed and accuracy. When deployed in CQB environments, the EOTech allows maximum peripheral vision by allowing the operator to take full advantage of a heads-up and both-eyes-open sighting technique.
The EOTech HWS has been standardized by the DEA, ATF and FBI SWAT. Because the HWS employs a true heads-up display it is a leading choice of military units like Stryker Brigade, 10th Mountain, and 3rd Infantry. The HWS eliminates the blind spots, constricted vision, and tunnel vision that is associated with standard tubular sighting systems. It is battle-proven to withstand the abuse from harsh environments, high-powered weapon platforms, and the toughest military missions.
This is the model 556.A65/1 HWS - the control buttons are located on the left side to accommodate the use of a magnifier, and it operates on a pair of CR123A batteries. The integral mount is compatible with Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny systems, and the base has a 7.0mm rise to accommodate handguards. This unit is submersible to a depth of 33.0', and the reticle is configured with a 65 MOA circle and a 1 MOA aiming dot.
Note! This Holographic Weapon Sight must be exported from the United States in accordance with Export Administration Regulations ECCN 0A987. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. The Holographic Weapon Sight Model 556 is controlled under U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and may not be exported without proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State.
- Optical Performance
- Front Window: 1/8" solid glass
- Rear Window: 3/16" shatter-resistant laminate
- Optical surfaces feature anti-glare lens coatings
- Heads-Up Display: eliminates blind spots and constricted vision
- Transmission holography - instantly visible in any light, parallax free
- Even if the laminated window is obstructed or damaged, the HWS remains fully operational. Provided a portion of the window is intact/visible, the entire reticle pattern will be seen on target, and the POI/POA will be maintained.
- Use and Handling
- Operating temperature: -40 to 150 F
- Automatic shut-down: 8 hr, programmable to 4 hr
- Operates on 2 CR123A batteries - 1000 hr run-time
- Battery Check Indicator: flashing reticle at start-up
- Precision adjustments: 1/2 MOA clicks, 40 MOA W&E correction
- Illuminated A65/1 Reticle: 65 MOA circle, 1 MOA dot. 30 brightness settings with scrolling feature
- Construction Details
- Color/finish: non-reflective black hard-coat
- Return to Zero: repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mount
- Submersible to 33.0'/10.1 m, fogproof internal optics
- Function buttons location: left side of sight near the rear
- Integral mount is compatible with Mil-Std 1913 Picatinny systems, the base has a 7.0 mm rise, and a knurled cross bolt