The Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS Digital ELPH Camera features a high-resolution 14.1MP CCD imaging sensor and an optically stabilized 5x UA (Ultra High Refractive Index Aspherical) zoom lens, which covers an equivalent focal range of 24-120mm without compromising the narrow profile Canon Digital EPLHs are known for. And for composing, reviewing, and editing your photos, the SD3500 IS features a bright 3.5" (461,000-dot) PureColor System Touch Panel LCD, from which you can set exposures using customizable icons and touch AF/AE controls.
In addition to a choice of 12 JPEG file sizes (including 2 @ 16:9) the SD3500 IS can capture HD 720p(1280x720) video clips (with monaural sound) up to 60 minutes (or 4GB per clip) as well as 640x480 @ 30 fps and 320x240 @ 30 fps for lower-resolution applications.
For fuss-free shooting, Canon's Smart AUTO mode automatically analyzes the scene and sets the best exposure based on 22 predefined shooting situations. For shooting under low lighting conditions, the ISO sensitivity of the PowerShot SD3500 IS can be dialed up to 1600, and when shooting in Low Light mode, expanded as high as an equivalent of ISO 6400.
Other image-enhancing features found on the Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS include a DIGIC 4 image processor, Intelligent Contrast Correction, Motion Detection Technology, Face Detection Self-Timer, Red-eye Correction, Advanced AF/AE/FE/WB Face Detection, and a Face Detection Self-timer that enables you to get your own happy face into family portraits.
The Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS records images onto your choice of SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus memory cards (up to 16GB) and powers off a rechargeable NB-6L lithium-ion battery, which is good for about 220 images-per-charge, or about 5 hours of playback time.
- 14.1 Megapixel Resolution Can Generate High Quality 16.5" x 23.4" prints
- With 14.1 Megapixels, the PowerShot SD3500 IS Digital ELPH provides amazing image resolution, catching the truly exquisite details that will make your photography top-notch. The PowerShot SD3500 IS Digital ELPH is the very image of photography at its best, featuring megapixels that are among the highest resolution of the Digital ELPH series, to capture every detail of the world around you. There's never been a better time to think big, knowing that every enlargement will be sharper and more full-of-life than you've ever experienced before.
- Capture Landscapes With a 24mm Wide-Angle Lens, and 5x Optical Zoom
- Despite its slim profile and small body, the PowerShot SD3500 IS Digital ELPH is equipped with a 5x Optical Zoom - no more sitting on the sidelines with the action too far away. The lens is ultra wide-angle, with a focal length of 24mm. That puts more image in every shot for visual excitement and a high-end feel. And the best part? Even at the long end of the zoom, images are clear and steady thanks to Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer that controls camera shake.
- Easy Playback of HD Video 720p and Photos on Your HDTV.
- The PowerShot SD3500 IS Digital ELPH lets you record video in beautiful 720p high definition (1280 x 720 pixels). The camera also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies (and still photos) on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI connector for direct connection to a high definition TV monitor. You'll enjoy the HD experience with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, plus the ability to display up to 130 still images at once.
- 3.5-inch LCD with Touch Panel Technology Allows Customization of Touch Screen Icons and Touch AF/AE
- Just touch your finger to the huge 3.5-inch wide PureColor System LCD screen with Touch Panel Technology and the PowerShot SD3500 IS Digital ELPH responds - creating a fun, natural interface that's just the way you want to interact with technology now. When shooting, you can choose an AF point, select a shooting mode, operate the flash, set exposure compensation and more simply by putting your finger to the LCD screen. Playback functions are also performed at your touch: switch between images, scroll display, magnify a portion of an image and control movie playback. And with 461,000 dots, the LCD gives you high quality viewing.
- Smart AUTO Mode Selects the Right Settings for 22 Predefined Shooting Situations
- Just set the Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS to Smart AUTO and you're ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture-taking every time. It's a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 22 specially defined settings. So whether you're photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you're getting dramatic, memorable images.
- Creative Scene Modes Such as Miniature Effect and Fisheye Effect.
- The Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS Digital ELPH offers creative effects similar to those found in certain professional lenses. Miniature Effect creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions. Fisheye Effect uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- Smart Shutter Automatically Takes a Picture When the Subject Smiles or Winks.
- Smart Shutter, which includes Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-timer and Face Self-timer, detects faces in the scene and releases the shutter automatically in response to the appearance of an additional face, or when a smile or sassy wink occurs. These technologies take the guesswork out of your photography, allowing you to focus solely on your subject and get the perfect shot.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Enables accurate color renditions and fast image processing times
- Shoot in Low Light Mode for Dimly Lit Situations
- With an ISO of 400 - 6400, the Low Light mode takes the Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS boldly into the shadows! Now even scenes notorious for having insufficient light, such as those lit by candles, fire, or street lamp, come through in fantastic color and clarity, with less noise. You can keep the feel of the scene intact without adding additional light, so the result will be scenes with the visual accuracy, depth and clarity you expect from a Canon camera.
- AF/AE/FE/WB Face Detection and Intelligent Contrast Correction
- For optimized portraits and better overall picture quality regardless of your subject matter