The Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS Digital ELPH (Pink) features a high-resolution 14.1MP CCD imaging sensor and an optically stabilized 4x UA (Ultra High Refractive Index Aspherical) zoom lens, which covers an equivalent focal range of 28-112mm without compromising the narrow profile Canon Digital EPLHs are known for. And for composing, reviewing, and editing your photos, the SD1400 IS features a bright 2.7" (230,000-dot) PureColor System LCD.
In addition to a choice of 6 JPEG file sizes (including 16:9) the SD1400 IS can capture HD 720p video clips (with monaural sound) up to 60 minutes (or 4GB per clip) as well as 640x480 @ 30 fps and 320x240 @ 30 fps for lower-resolution applications.
For fuss-free shooting, Canon's Smart AUTO mode automatically analyzes the scene and sets the best exposure based on 22 predefined shooting situations. For shooting under low lighting conditions, the ISO sensitivity of the PowerShot SD1400 IS can be dialed up to 1600, and when shooting in Low Light mode, expanded as high as an equivalent of ISO 6400.
Other image enhancing features found on the Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS include a DIGIC 4 image processor, Intelligent Contrast Correction, Motion Detection Technology, Face Detection Self-Timer, Red-eye Correction, Advanced AF/AE/FE/WB Face Detection, and a Face Detection Self-timer that enables you to get your own happy face into family portraits.
The Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS records images onto your choice of SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus memory cards up to 16GB (not included) and powers off a rechargeable NB-4L lithium-ion battery, which is good for about 230 images-per-charge, or about 6 hours of playback time.
- 14.1 Megapixel Resolution Makes Possible Large, Clear Prints
- Canon's commitment to innovation defines the excitement of the PowerShot SD1400 IS Digital ELPH. 14.1 Megapixel resolution is more than a number, it's your cutting-edge link to the outstanding clarity and quality you've always wanted in your images. Think bold and big, because razor-sharp oversized prints are a breeze. Get the picture? It's absolutely brilliant.
- Capture Family and Friends With a 28mm Wide-Angle Lens & 4x Optical Zoom
The Canon commitment to innovation defines the excitement of the PowerShot SD1400 IS Digital ELPH with its 28mm Wide-Angle Lens and 4x Optical Zoom that makes it easy to get the inspiring, emotive close-ups that will make your images lasting keepsakes. This magnificent lens gives you the power to shoot distant subjects with razor-sharp precision and stunning lifelike color. So you can brilliantly capture a closer shot of a landscape, or a child's big smile.
The PowerShot SD1400 IS Digital ELPH is equipped with the acclaimed Canon Optical Image Stabilizer, which automatically detects and corrects camera shake - one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And the Canon Optical Image Stabilizer technology is so convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.
- 720p HD Movie Capability and HDMI Connector for Easy Playback of Video and Photos on Your HDTV.
- The PowerShot SD1400 IS Digital ELPH lets you record video in beautiful 720p high definition (1280 x 720 pixels). The camera also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies (and still photos) on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI connector for direct connection to a high definition TV monitor. You'll enjoy the HD experience with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, plus the ability to display up to 130 still images at once.
- Bright 2.7-inch PureColor System LCD for Taking and Reviewing Photos
- The PowerShot SD1400 IS gives you a large 2.7-inch LCD screen for excellent control when framing your shots. The Canon PureColor System LCD offers spectacular color, resolution and contrast even when viewed at an angle. The screen is highly durable and easy to see in any light with a scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coating. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light - a perfect feature for gathering friends and family around to see your images.
- Smart AUTO Mode Selects the Proper Settings Based on 22 Predefined Shooting Situations
- Just set the Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS to Smart AUTO and you're ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture-taking every time. It's a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 22 specially defined settings. So whether you're photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you're getting dramatic, memorable images.
- Get Creative With Modes Such as Miniature Effect and Fisheye Effect.
- The Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS Digital ELPH offers creative effects similar to those found in certain professional lenses. Miniature Effect creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions. Fisheye Effect uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- New Smart Shutter Technology Automatically Takes a Picture When the Subject Smiles or Winks.
- Smart Shutter, which includes Smile Self-Timer, Wink Self-timer and Face Self-timer, detects faces in the scene and releases the shutter automatically in response to the appearance of an additional face, or when a smile or sassy wink occurs. These technologies take the guesswork out of your photography, allowing you to focus solely on your subject and get the perfect shot.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Enables accurate color renditions and fast image processing times.
- Shoot in Low Light Mode for Dimly Lit Situations
- With an ISO of 400 - 6400, the Low Light mode takes the Canon PowerShot SD1400 IS boldly into the shadows! Now even scenes notorious for having insufficient light, such as those lit by candles, fire, or street lamp, come through in fantastic color and clarity, with less noise. You can keep the feel of the scene intact without adding additional light, so the result will be scenes with the visual accuracy, depth and clarity you expect from a Canon camera.
- AF/AE/FE/WB Face Detection and Intelligent Contrast Correction
- For optimized portraits and better overall picture quality regardless of your subject matter.