The Yamaha DTX-Multi12 Multi-Pad Electronic Percussion Instrument delivers the power of sample-based percussion and audio triggering to drummers, percussionists or anyone in need of a powerful sample playback device. The DTX-Multi12 featured 12 pads that may be triggered with drum sticks or by hand.
There are over 1,277 voices that are comprised of drum, percussion and effects taken from the Yamaha MOTIF series synthesizers. Users may also import WAVE and AIFF files via USB. In addition, a powerful effects engine provides a wide range of spacial, modulation effects and more. The DTX-Multi12 is a powerful tool for traditional percussionists, drummers, DJs, and more.
Multi-Voice and Multi-Effects
- In addition to a broad spectrum of voices taken from the world renowned, flagship MOTIF series synthesizers, the DTX-Multi12 also features many new percussion sounds that have been collected through Yamaha's advanced sampling techniques and ready-to-use effect sounds for a grand total of 1,277 voices.
- The DTX-Multi12 includes not only digital sounds but also DJ sounds and a rich variety of voices from percussion, chromatic percussion, folk, and acoustic drum instruments.
- You can also import WAV and AIFF audio files from a USB memory device and use them as voices.
- The DTX-Multi12 functions as a sample playback device with 64MB of battery backed Flash ROM.
- Together with great-sounding reverb and chorus effects that can be applied to entire drum kits, the DTX-Multi12 also features a Variation effect unit that can be used to enhance individual voices in many exciting ways.
Multi-Pattern Preset Patterns
- The DTX-Multi12 comes complete with 128 different MIDI playing patterns (including 3 demo patterns) from a world-wide range of musical genres including folk music, rock, and house.
- You can easily start and stop patterns by simply striking the pads. In addition, you can record your own performances as patterns or create patterns on a PC. These patterns can then be assigned to pads.
- Using the Tap Tempo function, you can set the tempo for patterns and the click track by simply striking pads. In this way, you can conveniently and intuitively set the tempo that you need.
Multi-Assignment Trigger Function
- Up to four different voices can be assigned to each pad.
- The DTX-Multi12 is packed with a multitude of features to stimulate creativity such as Stack mode in which all the notes assigned to a pad are triggered simultaneously with a single strike and Alternate mode in which the notes assigned to the pad are played individually in turn each time it is struck.
Multi-Interface Music Production
- In addition to the MIDI In/Out port, the DTX-Multi12 is equipped with a USB TO HOST port that can be connected to a PC with a USB cable (sold separately) and a USB TO DEVICE port, that can save the user kit data on a USB memory device.
- This connection can be used in a variety of ways. For example, those who have difficulty playing a keyboard can input MIDI data directly to DAW software, and others can play computer software synthesizer sounds by striking the DTX-Multi 12.
- "Cubase AI 5" by Steinberg, a DAW software application, is bundled with the DTX-MULTI 12. You can begin modifying the pitch and rhythm of the MIDI data that you input using the DTX-Multi 12 and begin composing elaborate pieces of music on the same day you buy the DTX-Multi 12.
- By installing the DTX-Muti12 Extension (planned for future release on our Web site), you will be able to control Cubase AI 5 directly from the DTX-Milti12 front panel. This extension will dramatically improve your efficiency in music composition.
- The DTX-Multi12 comes with trigger-input jacks that five external pads can be connected to as well as one foot switch jack and one hi-hat controller jack.
- Connect a hi-hat controller (such as the HH65) and a kick pad (such as the KP65) to use the DTX-Multi12 as a compact drum kit.
- Use a foot switch (such as the FC4) to switch between different drum kits and phrase patterns.
- Use a foot controller (such as the FC7 and FC9) to control the volume and effect values in real time.
- Connect a drum trigger (such as the DT20) to convert acoustic drum performances to trigger signals and input these signals for playback.