The new Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Wide Angle Lens is a precision prime lens with a natural wide angle view and is constructed to deliver the crisp and distortion-free image captures that are expected from Nikon. This Nikkor is built with 12 Nano Crystal coated lens elements in 10 groups including 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and 2 Aspherical lenses that help create images that are sharp and dynamic without chromatic or other aberrations even at f/1.4.
It also features a rounded 9-blade diaphragm which creates a natural appearance in out-of-focus areas of your images. Autofocusing is accomplished via Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and with Rear Focus (RF) you will experience fast, accurate and quiet operation. G-Type Nikkor lenses have no aperture ring; apertures should be selected from your camera body.
Lens compatibility with the following Nikon cameras:
- D1 Series, D2 Series, D40 Series, D50, D60, D70 Series, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300S, D3X, D3S, D700
- D3000, D5000
- Pronea 600i, Pronea S Series
- Nikon F5, F6, F100, F80, F75, F65, F60, F55, F50, F-401
- F4, F90 Series, F70, F801 Series, F601M (P and S modes only)
- Prime Wide-Angle Perspective
- This fast, f/1.4 lens captures a natural wide angle of view, with extreme light gathering capability and delivers extraordinary performance to meet a broad range of challenging assignments.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- This lens features a Nano Crystal coat that reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide range of wavelengths for impressive image clarity.
- 2 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- The ED elements in the AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- 2 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Rear Focus (RF)
- Rear focus provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- The M/A focus mode switch enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- A rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.