With 1000 watts (RMS) of total power the Panasonic SC-BT730 Blu-ray Home Theater Sound System has the audio power to fill a large living room but it's small enough to fit in a den or bedroom.
It's versatile too. It can play a wide variety of Blu-ray, DVD and CD formats and it can do all sorts of neat tricks like zooming in the picture when you want to examine a portion of a JPEG picture in greater detail. You'll see that detail sharply thanks to features like the BT730's 148.5MHz/12-bit video digital to analog converter (DAC) and its HDMI 1.4 output.
Of course if you don't go online with your Blu-ray player you're missing out on a lot of fun. Just plug your BT730 into your broadband router or modem or you can use the optional DY-WL10 Wi-Fi adapter that plugs into the BT730's USB port if you'd prefer to go wireless. On the Net you'll find an ever-expanding choice of free, paid and subscription based services that include YouTube, Netflix, Slacker and Pandora.
Speaking of wireless, you won't be running any wires to the back of the room for the surround (rear) speakers. Your BT730 includes a wireless transmitter you slip into its slot on the back of the unit. It transmits to the included SH-FX1 receiver via a wireless digital signal. The SH-FX1 has two jacks for the surround speakers rated at 125 watts each. Same power, no wires. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
In addition to outstanding Blu-ray images and improved pictures from your DVDs you'll enjoy a number of different surround sound modes including Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS from all sources. Those sources can include up to 30 preset FM radio stations and your iPod. This unit's universal iPod dock is compatible with dozens of iPod models. Depending on the model you own it can play music and video and display the titles on a connected TV. (TV sold separately.)
No matter what sound source you're listening to it will sound its best with Smart Setup sound optimization. With Smart Setup you just place the included microphone at your listening position. Then you push a button on the remote and the BT730 tunes the output of each speaker so the net result is that your room sounds more like an ideal audio studio. If you change the room arrangement or move the receiver to another room altogether you can repeat the process in a snap.
- PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus
- PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus is a high quality image-processing technology developed to precisely process each pixel of the Blu-ray disc video signal in the vertical direction. It reproduces color data with twice the accuracy of conventional systems to keep colors faithful and sharp.
- Experience The Original Movie Quality With High Precision 4:4:4
- Panasonic's high-precision 4:4:4 signal technology processes each pixel of the Blu-ray video signal in the horizontal direction, to complement PHL's vertical direction processing. When viewed on a VIERA HDTV that features 4:4:4 signal compatibility, it creates images that look more like the original film.
- Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD (P4HD)
- To get the best HD images from a Blu-ray disc, you need a player that renders high-quality progressive images, expresses motion smoothly, and draws sharp diagonal lines. The BT730's P4HD processes more than 15 billion pixels per second and applies the optimum processing to every pixel in the video data on the disc. The result is images with exceptional resolution.
- Wired Networking Built-In: Wireless Optional
- You can access a whole new world of features when you connect your BT730 to the Internet. You can use the built-in RJ45 jack for a wired connection or plug the optional DY-WL10 Wireless Module into the USB terminal and forget about wires. You'll need to plug in an SD card (available separately) with at least 1 GB of free space for local temporary storage when accessing the Internet.
- BD Live Enhances Your Entertainment Experience
- Once you connect your BT730 to the Internet you can access BD Live content. BD Live is sort of like the extras that many DVDs contain except that much BD-Live content is stored on the Internet. That means it can be more complex and it can even be expandable. For example, when you watch a Blu-ray disc you purchase this year and then watch it again next year, you may find new content is available that you can choose to watch, like additional commentary, trailers for new movies and so on.
- Enjoy Great Web Entertainment on Your HDTV With VIERA Cast
- VIERA Cast's assorted online content just keeps getting better—in addition to the popular contents such as YouTube and Picasa Web Albums, it now offers Pandora Internet Radio, movies streamed from Netflix (unlimited Netflix membership required), exciting sports from FOX Sports, and tweeting web communications with Twitter. No PC required.
- Cinema Surround Reproduces Realistic Movie Theater Surround Experience
- By using a combination of real speakers and virtual speakers, your BT730 offers a more natural and smoother sound. You'll notice the difference, especially in an action scene—you'll feel like you're sitting in the center of a true cinema theater.
- Tallboy Front Speakers Come With Their Own Stands.
- You generally want your front speakers to be about ear level when an average-sized adult is seated. That usually means buying speaker stands. But your BT730 comes with its own set of impressive-looking color matched stands for your front speakers. They're easy to assemble and you can optionally anchor them to the wall with a string and screw eye (both sold separately) if you want to keep the little ones or pets from knocking them over.
- Bamboo Cone Speaker Offers Clear, Beautiful Dialog While the Kelton Subwoofer Adds Richer Bass
- The center speaker is designed to help make dialog better. With the advanced bamboo cone speaker inside it, the sound becomes much more responsive. Vocals are purer and cleaner, and the dialog is crisper and easier to understand than ever before. The Kelton type subwoofer reproduces highly robust, reverberating bass sounds.
- Audio Return Channel
- Since HDMI was invented it's been designed to carry high definition video and high quality multi-channel audio in one direction. Your BT730 is compatible with a new HDMI 1.4 feature called ARC (Audio Return Channel). With ARC your TV can also send audio back to the BT730. This new feature simplifies the connection by eliminating an audio cable connection between the TV audio output and the main unit's audio input. (An ARC compatible TV is required.)
- Wireless Surround Speakers
- You can quickly and easily upgrade to a wireless surround sound environment with the included SH-FX71 Wireless Transceiver kit. The transmitter slips into a slot on your BT730 and the receiver sits near the rear of your room. It has connections to plug in the two 125 watt surround speakers included with your BT730. No more running wires for your surround speakers under the carpet or stapling them to the baseboard of your room.