The Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 2/3" 3CCD P2 HD/SD Multi-Format Camcorder brings a lot of flexibility to the table. Whether your production requires HD, SD, 1080i or 720p, the HPX2000 will record your format of choice onto up to five solid-state P2 cards. DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO/DV and even AVC-Intra (using an optional codec board) are all possible with this shoulder-mount ENG camcorder. With its high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, and plethora of gamma settings and scene files, the HPX2000 delivers outstanding professional images and an efficient workflow that make it the ideal tool for digital newsgathering, broadcasting, and even independent productions.
Note: Camera does not include viewfinder or lens, which must be purchased separately.
- Progressive HD CCD
- In the HPX2000 system, a progressive CCD lets you shoot 60p images and use progressive/interlace conversion to attain 1080/59.94i images. This produces outstanding image quality and high sensitivity. It also provides native progressive images in 24p/30p mode.
- High-Sensitivity F10 Aperture and Digital Super Gain
- The high-sensitivity F10 aperture and digital super gain (frame cumulative mode) let the AJ-HPX2000 record with a high S/N ratio and less of the noise that commonly comes with higher gain. The AJ-HPX2000 also features a line mix function for great fast-action images. The gain, digital super gain and line function can be flexibly combined to achieve highly sensitive recording of up to +74 dB or to suit different shooting conditions.
- DRS (Dynamic Range Stretching) Function
- DRS recognizes the average brightness of highlight and shadow areas and then automatically adjusts the aperture and uses knee control to suppress blown highlights in the shadow areas. In scenes with mixed dark and light areas, such as when moving from indoors to outdoors, DRS automatically provides a wider dynamic range with minimal blown highlights and blocked shadows, eliminating the need to manually tweak the camera for each specific condition.
- Maximum 4x Digital Zoom
- The AJ-HPX2000's digital zoom electronically increases the magnification rate of the lens by 2x, 3x or 4x. HD images retain their superior resolution even with zooming, and--unlike when a lens extender is used--brightness is not reduced. It's ideal as both a shooting technique and focusing support.
- 14-bit Digital Processing w/5-Mode Gamma
- In the AJ-HPX2000, Panasonic offers a 14-bit A/D conversion system, an upgrade over the conventional 12-bit system. A new high-performance digital signal processing (DSP) circuit is also incorporated. The 12-axis color correction matrix lets you make fine adjustments in specific color regions. Functions such as skin detail let you further fine-tune the image. The DSP circuit also has selectable gamma curves. The mode can be selected from SD, HD, Filmlike 1, Filmlike 2 and Filmlike 3 to expand the video production scope.
- Scene Files and Lens Files
Scene Files: Store specific camera settings in built-in memory, then retrieve
them when needed for quick, easy setup. Four files with settings can be stored in the camera's memory. Files can also be copied onto an SD/SDHC Memory Card,
allowing storage of up to eight files.
Lens Files: Store settings for interchangeable lenses. Eight files can be stored in the camera unit, and 64 (8 x 8) files can be saved on an SD/SDHC Memory Card.
- Shooting Assist Functions
- Shooting assist functions include 3 user-assignable buttons, auto tracking white balance, focus assist, variable color temperature, electronic shutter with half-speed, Rec review, and a 4-position optical filter.
- HD/SD Multi-Format Recording
By driving the HD CCDs in progressive mode at all times, the AJ-HPX2000 records
in a total of up to 30 HD/SD formats. This meets the needs of news, TV program, and general video production. Because the AJ-HPX2000 supports all of the HD/SD
formats used around the world, it can produce videos for overseas broadcasts and
for use in overseas markets. It uses the DVCPRO HD or AVC-Intra* codec to record in 1080i/720p HD. For SD recording, the AJ-HPX2000's multi-codec
capability lets you choose from DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO and DV.
*When the AJ-YBX200G AVC-Intra Codec Board is mounted
- AVC-Intra Option
- The HPX2000 also supports the new AVC-Intra codec by mounting the optional AJ-YBX200G AVC-Intra Codec Board. AVC-Intra, the industry's most advanced compression technology, is a professional intra-frame video codec with bit rates of 50 and 100Mbps, utilizing the Hi-10 and Hi-422 profiles of H.264 respectively. AVC-Intra provides high-quality 10-bit intra-frame encoding in two modes: AVC-Intra 100 for full-raster mastering video quality, and AVC-Intra 50 Mbps for DVCPRO HD quality at half the bit rate, thereby doubling the record time on a P2 card.
- 48-kHz/16-bit, 4-Channel Digital Audio
- The AJ-HPX2000 can record full 48-kHz/16-bit digital audio on all four channels. You can freely select the audio source for each channel, choosing from mic, line, wireless receiver, and others. A 5-pin XLR jack with 2-channel compatibility is used for the front mic input. Using the AJ-MC900G optional stereo microphone lets you record stereo with a single mic.
- P2 Card Offers Outstanding Mobility & Reliability
The 32GB P2 card (AJ-P2C032RG) offers great flexibility and interoperability
with leading NLE systems and boasts a high data transfer speed of 640 Mbps
max. It records AV data in the MXF file format. This solid-state memory card is
highly resistant to shock and vibration, so it offers high reliability and stable recording in the field.
The P2 card brings a high level of mobility to outdoor shooting. It lets the camera start recording immediately from standby mode, and allows shooting to start within two seconds of turning the power on. This speedy response shortens downtime when replacing batteries, and greatly cuts down on battery power consumption by letting you turn the power off during standby. P2 cards can even be exchanged with the power off. Recorded data is automatically stored in blank card areas with no cueing required. This eliminates the risk of accidentally overwriting valuable data.
- Recording Functions with Five P2 card Slots
- The AJ-HPX2000 has slots for five P2 cards and lets you record continuously onto all five in sequence. It also provides several recording functions that are possible only with memory cards. These include card selection, hot-swap-rec, loop-rec, pre-rec, and interval rec.
- Clip Thumbnail Function
- The P2 cam automatically generates a thumbnail image for each clip. You can view thumbnails on the 3.5" color LCD monitor on the camera's side. Any of the clips can be accessed instantly. Thumbnail images can be paused, fast-forwarded, and reversed just like a tape, and unwanted cuts can be deleted by selecting and deleting the corresponding thumbnail image. You can also specify a number of clips for seamless playback* or on-air broadcasting. And if a shooting opportunity should arise during playback, the P2 cam lets you start recording immediately with no cueing required and no risk of accidentally overwriting valuable data.
- Text Memo (Bookmark) for Simple Editing
- When recording or previewing a clip, press the Text Memo button at any of up to 100 locations and a text memo label, similar to a bookmark, is registered. Using only the P2 cam, you can create a new clip with data copied between text memo labels. Text information can also be written into each memo using the AJ-HPX2000 or a PC with P2 Viewer installed. A shot mark, which allows convenient OK and NG marking, can also be added to each clip during or after recording.
- SD Memory Card Slot
- The AJ-HPX2000 comes with an SD Memory Card slot. You can create a metadata upload file (produced with P2 Viewer) containing information such as the name of camera operator, the name of the reporter, the recording location, and text memos on an SD Memory Card, and load it as clip metadata.
- USB 2.0 Interface Compatible with Host Mode
- In device mode, the P2 cam's card slot can be used to connect a PC as an external device for nonlinear editing and transmission over networks. In host mode, P2 files can be copied onto a hard disk without using a PC.
- Digital Backup Recording (HD-SDI/IEEE 1394)
- The AJ-HPX2000's standard HD-SDI output simultaneously backs up recordings to an external digital VTR (such as the AJ-HD1400) in sync with the REC start/stop. An IEEE 1394 compliant DVCPRO output terminal (6-pin) is also provided on the AJ-HPX2000. The AJ-HPX2000 can output DVCPRO HD/DVCPRO data without decoding for backup recording with minimum degradation to a digital device like the FS-100 FireStore manufactured by FOCUS. It also enables desktop HD editing when connected to a PC/Mac nonlinear editing system. The AJ-HPX2000's HD-SDI and IEEE 1394 digital output capabilities allow the use of a wide variety of broadcasting and IT-based devices.
- HD SDI/SD Down-Conversion Output
The AJ-HPX2000 comes equipped with two BNC video line outputs for flexible
monitoring or line recording use.
VIDEO OUT: Switchable between HD-SDI/SD-SDI (down conversion) and analog composite (down conversion) output.
MON OUT: Outputs down-converted SD video only. Switchable to analog composite (thumbnail output possible), VF or Y.
- Proxy Data Recording (Option)
- Mount an AJ-YAX800G Video Encode Card, and the AJ-HPX2000 records an MPEG4 proxy (low-resolution) data--enhancing news production and simplifying long format program editing, including documentaries and reality television--onto the card along with full-resolution data. The three levels of proxy video available are 1.5 Mbps, 768 kbps and 196 kbps. Proxy data can also be recorded onto an SD Memory Card mounted in the slot provided, for easy viewing on a laptop PC. The encode card, available as an option, lets you upgrade as future image encode systems evolve.
- HD/SD SDI Line Recording (Option)
- When the AJ-YA350AG optional HD/SD SDI input board is installed, HD/SD line recording is possible from SDI (serial digital) input. This is extremely useful in broadcast applications, including news pool feeds acquisition.
- Remote Control Unit
- The AJ-HPX2000 comes equipped with a 10-pin RCU terminal for connecting the optional AJ-RC10G Remote Control Unit. The AJ-RC10G comes with a 10-pin multi-cable that can connect to the AJ-HPX2000's down-conversion video OUT terminal for monitoring at the RCU. The AJ-RC10G provides detailed control of the AJ-HPX2000's camera and recorder functions.
- GPS Unit (Option)
- By mounting the optional AJ-GPS910G GPS unit, the AJ-HPX2000 can record real-time position data (latitude, longitude, and altitude), conforming to UMID standards.
- Other System Functions and Options
• DC power supply for the BT-LH80W 8.4" LCD monitors
• Color bar (switchable between SMPTE, ARIB, and full color) and standard audio signal (1-kHz test tone) output
• Built-in SMPTE time code generator/reader, with time code In/Out terminal
• Genlock input terminal can also be used as return video (HD-Y/VBS)
• Multiple battery support, including Anton
- Designed for Easy Operation
The position, function, and shape of all switches, dials and terminals have been
designed in response to feedback from video professionals to allow quick
operation and prevent errors for greater reliability.
• The Audio Rec level adjustment features a push lock function.
• The Audio Input level adjustment (front) can be switched ON/OFF and allocated to desired channels.
• A 3-point locking viewfinder mount allows precise adjustment.