Featuring a 30 mm tube, MRAD-based precision adjustments, and an EBR-1 MRAD reticle in the second focal plane, the Viper PST 6-24x50 from Vortex delivers top-shelf high-powered performance.
The Viper PST is configured with a high-performance optical system. XD lens elements have been employed to ensure maximum resolution and contrast. The entire optical path is fully multicoated with Vortex's anti-reflective XR coatings for optimum light transmission. Finally, the external lens surfaces have been treated with ArmorTek - an ultra-hard scratch-resistant coating that repels water, oil, and salts.
This scope was built to thrive amidst the challenges of rugged field use and abuse. The rugged 30 mm tube is constructed from a single piece of lightweight yet durable aluminum. The tube's exterior is hard-coat anodized, and then it is o-ring sealed and purged with argon gas to ensure a fog-resistant water-tight seal. The erector assembly has been thoughtfully designed, precision-built, and meticulously set into place. Special care has been taken to reduce wear and tear while enhancing durability and repeatability.
- Optical Performance
- Optically indexed lenses: optimizes sharpness and brightness
- XD lens elements: extra-low dispersion glass for maximum resolution, color, and contrast
- XR lens coating: anti-reflective multicoating on all air-to-glass surfaces enhances light transmission
- ArmorTek Coating: ultra-hard scratch resistant coating applied to the exterior lens surfaces - repels oils, salts, provides abrasion protection
- Construction Details
- One-piece 30 mm main-tube: greater strength, enhanced adjustment range
- Single steel erector spring constrains optical syatem, ensures repeatability
- Type-3 hard anodized aluminum tube resists corrosion, o-ring sealed and argon purged for water and fogproof performance
- Use and Handling
- Tall uncapped turrets - 0.1 MRAD adjustments
- CRS zero stop: prevents dialing past zero
- Fast focus eyepiece: quick and easy reticle focusing
- Removeable threaded sunshade ensures clear glare-free sight picture
- Radius bar: illuminated/tactile fiber optic turret-rotation indicator
- MagView Bar: highly-visible rear-facing fiber optic magnification indicator
- Side-focus parallax knob: corrects parallax error from 40 yd to infinity
- EBR-1 MRAD Reticle in the Second Plane
- This reticle is positioned in the rear or second focal plane; it does not change dimensions when the scope's magnification is dialed up or down.
- EBR-1 MRAD: distance ranging reticle with 3 posts and fine cross hairs. Milliradian hash marks on the stadia provide distance-ranging capability.
- Glass etched for durability
- Illumination control: turns on/off with a single click between each intensity level, allows instant access to a preferred illumination setting