The Kaibab plateau rises up alongside the Grand Canyon to a height 9,241' - due to its unique geographic placement the plateau is surprisingly lush with a rich mix of flora and fauna.
In the spirit of its namesake - the Kaibab 15x56 is an amazing roof prism binocular that offers a lush viewing experience with high contrast, excellent edge-to-edge sharpness, and incredibly fine details. This high-powered binocular pushes the envelope of optical performance - with 15x magnification and 56 mm objectives; this optic converts distant vistas and subjects into an intimate up-close-and-personal viewing experience. Superior imaging, stunning resolution, and remarkable power - Vortex's Kaibab enlists state-of-the-art technologies to resolve every last detail to its visual pinnacle.
The Kaibab's XT optical path is remarkable; it's carefully engineered to virtually eliminate aberrations - this attention to fine-details results in distortion-free viewing with a significantly enhanced level of sharpness. Extra-low dispersion glass lenses are incorporated for their ability to deliver the highest levels of resolution, color, and contrast. Each air-to-glass surface is treated with XR multicoating to further enhance the Kaibab's clarity and to reduce the negative effects of flare, glare, and reflections. Finally, ArmorTek coatings are applied to the external lens surfaces to improve their resiliency against abrasive particles and corrosive substances.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: 4.3°
- Phase-corrected roof prisms with silver coatings ensure high-resolution, excellent contrast, trim form-factor
- XD lenses: extra-low dispersion glass lens elements enhance resolution, color, and contrast
- XR lens coating: anti-reflective multicoating on all air-to-glass surfaces enhances light transmission
- XT optical path: virtually eliminates aberrations while providing distortion-free viewing with edge-to-edge clarity and detail
- ArmorTek coating: ultra-hard scratch resistant coating applied to the exterior lens surfaces - repels oils, salts, provides abrasion protection
- Construction Details
- Protective rubber covering for enhanced external protection
- Argon purged and o-ring sealed for waterproof, fogproof, and dustproof performance
- Use and Handling
- Tripod adaptable
- Center focus knob is fast and accurate
- Rubber armor provides a secure no-slip grip
- Right eye diopter adjustment for exacting focus correction
- Twist-up rubber eyecups with multiple settings for a customized comfortable view with or without sun/eyeglasses. They are reinforced with metal for added durability