The Viper R/T Tactical 10x50 from Vortex features the combination of XD lenses and XR multicoating - these optical enhancements significantly improve the viewer's ability to locate and identify subjects, targets, and game. The high-performance roof prisms are fully phase-corrected to ensure maximum light transmission, clarity, and contrast. The entire system is purged and sealed to maintain its integrity against the onslaught of terror wreaked by snow, rain, and dust. The Viper R/T also features a scratch-resistant ArmorTek coating applied to the exterior lens surfaces. Finally - a durable and tactile rubberized coating offers a positive grip, and some extra bump-protection.
With its powerful 10x magnification and a highly-efficient 50 mm objective, this Viper delivers the ability to see clearly into the distance up until the final minutes of twilight.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: 53°
- Phase-corrected roof prisms ensure high-resolution, excellent contrast, trim form-factor
- XD lens elements: extra-low dispersion glass for maximum resolution, color, and contrast
- XR lens coating: anti-reflective multicoating on all air-to-glass surfaces enhances light transmission
- ArmorTek coating: Ultra-hard scratch resistant coating applied to the exterior lens surfaces - repels oils, salts, provides abrasion protection
- Construction Details
- Protective rubber covering for enhanced external protection
- Argon purged and o-ring sealed for waterproof, fogproof, and dustproof performance
- Use and Handling
- Center focus knob is fast and accurate
- Rubber armor provides a secure no-slip grip
- Right eye diopter for exacting focus correction
- Flared rubber eyecups eliminate stray light, rotate for a custom fit, fold up/down to accommodate eye/sunglass wearers.
- R/T Ranging Reticle: military-style reticle with four human silhouettes to be used as a secondary ranging aid