Often, locating game can seem to be an insurmountable task. Turkey and bear seem to blend into their backgrounds seamlessly. Keeping the task-at-hand on track, an initiated sportsman relies heavily upon 'glasses' - the trusty binocular. The question then becomes - how much binocular is enough binocular?
Old-world vultures seek and locate prey exclusively by eyesight - The art of detecting and recognizing small game at great distances is the Old World Vulture's forte - and they seek and locate their prey exclusively by eyesight. Pondering the vulture's gifted skill, we wander cautiously along the path of optical technology.
Enter the Vulture 8x56 from Vortex
This outstanding binocular won't give you Superman's vision, but with outstandingly-large 56 mm objectives it will deliver remarkably-detailed viewing well into twilight and beyond. Its optical path is efficient and highly-refined - the viewing will be spectacular and clearly defined.
Even though the Vulture is robust in stature, it handles remarkably well. It comfortable feels-good style is due, in part, to an ergonomically-styled waterproof and fogproof housing, and its tactile rubberized coating. In use, the Vulture exhibits excellent balance, while focusing and diopter correction are managed via centrally located knobs for convenience, security, and speed. The objectives are large, but sleek phase-corrected roof prisms help keep the Vulture's form-factor as trim as possible
The Vulture is constructed with lenses that feature Vortex's proprietary XR multicoating to ensure excellent contrast, high visibility, and enhanced detail at all times. Finally - the external lens surfaces are layered with a scratch-resistant ArmorTek coating for added protection against abrasive debris and corrosive substances.
- Optical Performance
- AFOV: 49.6°
- Phase-corrected roof prisms ensure high-resolution, excellent contrast, trim form-factor
- XR lens coating: anti-reflective multicoating on all air-to-glass surfaces enhances light transmission
- ArmorTek coating: Ultra-hard scratch resistant coating applied to the exterior lens surfaces - repels oils, salts, provides abrasion protection
- Construction Details
- Protective rubber covering for enhanced external protection
- Argon purged and o-ring sealed for waterproof, fogproof, and dustproof performance
- Use and Handling
- Center focus knob is fast and accurate
- Rubber armor provides a secure no-slip grip
- Center diopter adjustment for exacting focus correction
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for a customized comfortable view with or without sun/eyeglasses