This JMI NGT-12.5" f/4.5 Reflector Telescope is an open truss Newtonian design that gathers lots of light in a package that is supremely portable. The NGT-12.5 weighs only 120 pounds with the heaviest single component being 40 pounds, so you can easily pack the entire system into the trunk of a small car and drive to where skies and sightlines are the darkest & longest.
The JMI NGT-12.5" features a Split-Ring Equatorial Mount, with a rotating nose assembly, built-in Azimuth adjusting plate, and a removable ring assembly. The telescope also has dual control drive correctors, adjustable focal point, and is CCD autoguider compatible. The included NGC-microMAX computer has digital setting circles with a 245-object database, that is upgradeable. You will enjoy watching the heavens with the included EV-2n focuser, and there are many focusers you can upgrade to. The system can be powered with AC or DC power with the included wall transformer or the car cigarette lighter adapter.
- 12.5" f/4.5 Open Truss Newtonian design
- Split-ring equatorial mount
- Rotating nose assembly
- Built-in azimuth adjusting plate for easier polar alignment
- Compact size
- Fast one-man assembly
- Removable ring assembly allows greater disassembly with the largest component weighing 40 lbs.
- Sidereal, Lunar, Solar and King tracking rates with both Northern and Southern hemisphere operation
- Dual control drive corrector with 0.3x, 0.5x, 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x correction
- NGC-microMAX Computer digital setting circles
- CCD autoguider compatible
- Adjustable focal point
- Snap-fit Serrurier truss rods
- Battery and AC power