Based upon an optically-superior porro prism optical design that has been refined and perfected by Steiner, the Military 10x50 LRF binocular meets and exceeds mission-critical levels of optical-performance. With its wide angle field of view and 10x magnification, the Military 10x50 excels at all surveillance tasks. Prominent 50 mm objectives transmit light with great efficiency for bright images with high levels of contrast. The entire optical system is fully multicoated to ensure maximum light-throughput and a minimum of distraction from flare, glare, and reflections.
This military-styled optic is configured with premium BAK4 porro prisms for optimum depth perception, clarity, and detail. The oculars are focused individually for exacting edge-to-edge resolution, while the respectable 15.8 mm of eye relief permits full-scene viewing with or without eye/sunglasses for most viewers. Each eyepiece features a soft folding eyecup that can be adjusted to provide a comfortable customized fit.
The Military 10x50 LRF is configured with an accurate laser rangefinding system. With a simple push on the activation button an LED readout in the field of view shows the exact distance to the subject or target. Holding the button for a few seconds activates the scanning-mode - this can be used to track moving targets to gauge their rate and course of movement. The invisible laser reaches out to 1600 yd/1500 m; it's accurate to 1m/1yd at distances up to 380 yd/350 m, at 1600 yd it's accurate within 5%.
The build quality of this fine field-worthy optic is beyond reproach - the optical and electronic systems are well protected from dynamic climates, harsh conditions, and rough handling. The housing is completely sealed and pressure-filled with a charge of dry nitrogen. The entire binocular is fully submersible to a depth of 5 m/16' - fogging of the internal lenses has been eliminated, and the seal is impervious to the ingress of dust and debris. Additionally, the construction of the housing protects the system from impact damage by transferring the energy of external force away from the sensitive internal components. All of the internal aluminum parts have been anodized, while all of the external metal parts have been coated with a layer of enamel - these protective coatings have been scientifically-formulated to minimize or eliminate the effects of wear and corrosion.
Steiner's attention to optical performance and construction details offers a huge return for military operators as well as casual observers. While it was designed to meet mission-specific requirements for military use - the Military 10x50 LRF provides distortion-free three-dimensional viewing that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Optical Performance
- Eye relief: 15.8 mm
- AFOV: wide angle - 61°
- BAK4 porro prisms for accurate detailed viewing
- Fully multicoated optics: maximum light transmission, enhanced contrast, flare/glare reduction
- Laser Rangefinder
- EN/FDA class 1 eye-safe invisible laser
- Battery life: ≈5,000 measurements at 68°F
- Measuring range: 22 yd/20 m - 1,600 yd/1,500 m
- Accuracy: ±1 yd to 380 yd, ±2 yd to 763 yd, ±0.5% beyond 763 yd
- Individual readings for stationary targets, continuous scan-mode for moving targets
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen filled: waterproof to 16'/5 m
- Enamel coating on external metal parts for corrosion resistance
- All aluminum components are anodized to protect against corrosion
- Rugged housing protects optical components by redirecting external impact forces
- Protective rubber armoring: modified webbed thermoplastic provides tactile surface for a secure grip at all times, guards against bumps and abrasions
- Use and Handling
- Tethered objective caps
- Protective ocular rainguard
- Tripod mounting with optional adapter
- Comfortable fold-down eyecups made from soft silicone
- Tactile rubber armoring is secure in wet and dry conditions
- Individual focus at each ocular for exacting edge-to-edge clarity