The Impact Twin from tc electronic is a state of the art audio interface featuring 2 microphone preamps that utilize the company's Impact III technology. Three stages of processing include a high quality and very flexible microphone preamp, superior 24-bit/192kHz high definition conversion, plus a set of recording Channel Tools that lets you shape and optimize your sound.
The microphone preamp accepts the finest vintage tube microphones, the most demanding low-budget condensers, or even a handheld dynamic. And having 2 preamps provides maximum flexibility, whether recording an instrument, line source, or a microphone with or without phantom power.
The Impact Twin's convertors let you select your conversion rate - all the way from 44.1kHz, right up to high definition 192kHz for the ultimate in pristine audio capture, while maintaining the essential transients of the source. The included Channel Tools go even further to optimize your sound, with an onboard EQ, compressor and de-esser, that quickly and simply tame and enhance those signals, no matter what you're recording.
- Audio interface featuring built-in preamps, 24-bit/192kHz converters and recording tools
- 2 microphone preamps featuring IMPACT III technology
- 2 front-panel mounted Hi-Z guitar optimized inputs
- Total of 14 inputs and 14 outputs (4 analog, 10 digital I/O) provide the flexibility to record and monitor many devices
- Built-in Channel Tools allow you to quickly and easily optimize the tone of your recordings
- Access the crucial compressor setting directly from Impact Twin's front panel - a light ring instantly shows gain reduction
- Direct Monitor Reverb provides a simple way to add reverb at the monitor stage so that singers can enjoy quality reverb through their headphones
- Bundled with pristine TC effects processing - the M40 reverb is based on an algorithm from the Reverb 4000 processor. The multipurpose ResFilter provides ultra-fat filter sound. The Assimilator EQ curve assimilation tool lets you quickly grab an EQ curve from any sound and apply it to your own
- iCheck (Integrity Check) feature provides a shortcut for revealing data reduction artifacts, essential when encoding files to lossy formats such as MP3 or AAC
- Built-in JetPLL jitter reduction technology ensures superb audio quality all the way though the device
- Included FireWire 800 adapter means you can connect the Impact Twin to just about any FireWire equipped computer
- Software guitar tuner helps maintain perfect pitch
- Sturdy design lets you take the interface anywhere, any time
- Includes Ableton Live Lite 8 TC Electronic Edition software