The IOGEAR USB VGA KVM Console Extender is a solid solution if you want to setup a computer console (a mouse, keyboard, and monitor) that is up to 500 feet away from your PC or KVM switch. As part of the Extender, you receive a local unit and a remote unit. Both of these can be connected together via a CAT5e/6 cable up to 500 feet away. For the local unit, you can connect your computer as well as a VGA monitor, a USB mouse, and USB keyboard. Also from that local unit, you can then setup a far-away connection to your remote unit. From the remote unit, you can then setup another console.
In practice, the Extender has a few different functions. For instance, the local and remote units allow you to setup a console from a server room to another location that may be more comfortable and quieter. These units also allow you to setup your computer in one location securely while allowing other users access to it via a console in a more convenient location.
The Extender is also a cost effective solution because it uses inexpensive UTP (CAT5e/6) cabling to extend the distance, versus expensive and bulky coaxial cabling. It is easy to install and operate thanks to its Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) technology, which senses the distance and adjusts the signal levels accordingly so there is no need to do any DIP switch setting. It also provides a built-in Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) for greater reliability and compatibility.
- Extend your KVM console (VGA monitor, USB keyboard & mouse) connection up to 500 ft. via CAT5e cables
- Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) helps make installation easy, with no need to configure DIP switches
- Built-in Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) for greater reliability and compatibility
- Dual Console Operation - Control your system from either the local or remote console
- Built-in 8KV ESD protection and 2KV surge protection
Maximum video resolution up to:
1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz (100 ft. - 30m)
1600 x 1200 @ 60HZ (330 ft. - 100m)
1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz (500 ft. - 150m)
- USB over-current detection and prevention
- Easy To Operate - Push button selection between local and remote console
- Local monitor supports DDC; DDC2; DDC2B
- Rack Mountable (rack mount kit included)
- Plug-N-Play - No need for any software driver installation