The DiaScope 30x/40x Wide-Angle Eyepiece from Zeiss provides a wide-angle field that significantly enhances the viewing capabilities of the Victory DiaScope spotting scope. With a 65mm DiaScope this ocular offers 30x magnification and a 2.3° FOV. When it's installed upon an 85mm DiaScope, the magnification is 40x with an FOV 1.7°. These remarkable specifications translate to a linear field of 120.5/90.1' @ 1000 yd respectively.
Optically, the 30/40x eyepiece has been engineered to match the performance of the DiaScope T* FL spotters. Achromatic fluoride-glass lenses have been implemented for their exceedingly high level of visual acuity and accurate color rendition. The exterior lens surfaces have been graced with a protective LotuTec coating that sheds water, mist, fog, and oils. By minimizing the presence of these image-dispersing contaminants, the LotuTec coating maximizes the lens' optical qualities. Every air-to-glass surface of each lens has been fully multicoated with Zeiss' proprietary and legendary T* coating to ensure optimum light transmission, contrast, and color fidelity.
A simple yet robust bayonet mount ensures a secure fit to the DiaScope's housing - a simple twist-to-attach operation puts the ocular into its working position. Eye/sunglass wearers will greatly appreciate the eyepiece's generous 16mm of eye relief along with the adjustable twist-up rubber eyecup.
- Optical Performance
- Focal length: 12.8 mm
- Eye relief: 16 mm / 0.63"
- AFOV: wide angle - 69/68°
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, grime. Lenses can be wiped clean without smearing
- T* multicoating: lenses are fully multicoated with T* coatings to reduce flare, improve contrast, enhance light transmission
- FL Concept: fluoride glass lens elements deliver brighter and sharper images with accurate color and higher levels of contrast. They minimize chromatic aberrations while virtually eliminating stray light interference, image fuzziness, low contrast
- Design and Construction
- Secure easy-to-use bayonet mount
- Twist-up rubber eyecup for a customized view with/without eye/sunglasses
- Sealed barrel is purged with dry nitrogen for reliable waterproof/fogproof operation in any climate