Crystal-clear high-powered viewing reveals the subtle visual nuances that identify the subject. Vivid and accurate color rendition combined with maximum clarity and detail - even at twilight - becomes a tangible experience with the Victory DiaScope 65 T* FL Spotting Scope from Zeiss.
Employing an advanced optical path that delivers maximum contrast and stunning color fidelity, the DiaScope spotter provides high-resolution viewing and excellent twilight performance. Featuring T* multicoated fluoride glass lenses, the DiaScope's field of view offers crisp edge-to-edge clarity with resplendent details. To ensure optimum viewing regardless of the climate - the rugged ergonomic housing is sealed, waterproof, and the internal lens surfaces are totally fogproof. A significant increase in the DiaScope's all-weather performance would seem impossible - yet - the exterior lens surfaces have been treated with Zeiss' LotuTec water-repellent protective coating to ensure the clearest view possible in any weather conditions.
This particular DiaScope provides straight-through viewing and it's configured with a 65 mm objective lens. Without an eyepiece, it measures 11.1" in length and it weighs in at 39 oz/1.1 kg. The mounting foot is threaded to accept either 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 studs, and its rotating collar can be adjusted to provide a comfortable viewing position in nearly every situation.
The DiaScope's Dual Speed Focus (DSF) system is easy and intuitive to operate. The DSF's centered focus knob is geared for fine focusing within a 270° radius of an established focus - outside of that zone the focusing speed increases rapidly. When the observer finds a new focus, the DSF automatically resets to precision mode for fine-tuning the view.
- Optical Performance
- 65 mm Objective
- Focal length: 384 mm
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, grime. Lenses can be wiped clean without smearing
- T* multicoating: lenses are fully multicoated with T* coatings to reduce flare, improve contrast, enhance light transmission
- FL Concept: fluoride glass lens elements deliver brighter and sharper images with accurate color and higher levels of contrast. They minimize chromatic aberrations while virtually eliminating stray light interference, image fuzziness, low contrast
- Design and Construction
- Filter thread: 67 mm
- Lightweight housing is waterproof and fogproof
- Thread for adapting photo/astro adapter: M 45 x 0.5
- Integral retractable lens hood shades and protects objective
- Focus knob is ergonomically positioned for intuitive operation
- Use and Handling
- Rotating tripod collar with 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads
- DSF - dual-speed focusing: when a subject is in clear focus, the system sets itself into Precision Mode where a 270° rotation on either side of current focus is slow and precise. Outside of that zone the focusing speed increases 5x. Once a new focus is established, the system automatically drops back to Precision Mode.