The PhotoScope 85 T* FL from Zeiss is more than just a 15-45x85 scope - it's a revolutionary panoramic observation optic with an integral 7 MP digital camera. The PhotoScope's seamless integration of observation and digital capture reinvents the art of long-range observation.
While gazing in wide wonder at grand vistas, stunning panoramas, and rambling wildlife, the observer can view the scene in vivid detail through the ocular, while simultaneously recording a video or a still photograph with sparkling clarity.
The PhotoScope's wide angle 15-45x eyepiece provides a stunningly wide field of view. Due to a unique state-of-the-art optical design, the PhotoScope maintains this wider field of view across its entire range of magnification. Employing a large 85 mm objective for optimum light transmission, the PhotoScope also features fluoride-glass FL lenses to maximize its viewing potential. Every lens' air-to-glass surface has been treated with Zeiss' legendary and proprietary T* multicoating to minimize reflections while enhancing clarity and contrast. Additionally, the scope's front element has been treated with the water-repellent LotuTec coating to minimize the negative effects from water, rain, dew, fog, and condensation.
The PhotoScope's 7 MP camera is activated by a discreet hand-held remote, and it can be operated while viewing through the ocular or checking the scene on the fold-out OLED screen. The imaging system's beam-splitter optical path allows the viewer to observe the scene while it's being recorded. It also eliminates the possibility of image-blurring due to the mechanical vibrations inherent to most SLR camera systems.
A suitable tripod is a must, as it is with all long telephoto imaging concerns - the PhotoScope's optical system is the equivalent of a 600-1800 mm f/4-5.6 zoom. Wildlife photographers will greatly appreciate the opportunity to take high quality photographs of birds and wildlife at great distance without disturbing the scene. Compared to a DSLR with a super-telephoto lens - the PhotoScope is lighter, more compact, and much easier to use - it's an ideal option for carrying in the field all day, every day.
- Optical Performance
- 85 mm Objective
- AFOV: wide angle - 68°
- T* multicoating: lenses are fully multicoated with T* coatings to reduce flare, improve contrast, enhance light transmission
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, grime. Lenses can be wiped clean without smearing
- FL Concept: fluoride glass lens elements deliver brighter and sharper images with accurate color and higher levels of contrast. They minimize chromatic aberrations while virtually eliminating stray light interference, image fuzziness, low contrast
- Design and Construction
- Filter thread: 87 mm
- Rugged rainproof housing
- Use and Handling
- Tripod mounting foot with 1/4"-20 mounting threads
- Robust Cordura carry case for safe and secure transport and storage
- 7 MP Digital Camera
- Storage: SD Card
- Apertures: open, 11, 22
- Sensitivity: ISO 50 - 800
- Shutter Speeds B -1/4000
- Image size: 7 Mp, 4 Mp, 2 Mp
- Resolution: 7 MP - 3052 x 2284 pixels
- File formats: JPEG, DNG RAW, AVI at 320x240
- Computer connection: USB 2.0
- Wireless hand-held remote control
- Fold out OLED viewing/menu screen
- Power Supply: 7.4 V li-ion rechargeable battery
- Rechargeable battery with globally compatible charger
- USB port and cable for transferring images to computer
- Exposure settings: manual, full-program, aperture, auto, histogram analysis
- Bracketing: 6 levels for exposure series, 2 levels for focus series
- Metering: spot, center-weighted, matrix, histogram, highlights, shade
- White balance: Auto, manual, luminescent substance, artificial light, shade, cloud, semi-auto cloud/sun
- Camera zoom / focal length: 93-280 mm f/2.4-3.3 - equivalent to 600-1800 f/4-5.6 zoom on a 35mm camera