The Meridian Technologies Digitally Encoded 2 Unidirectional Audio Channel, a part of the SA series, can receive two 24-bit unidirectional audio channels over a single optical fiber. This series is compatible with Meridian's SpectraSmart Network Management and diagnostic PC based systems, which offer real-time identification of faults and out-of-tolerance conditions. The channels are used in intelligent transportation systems (ITS), security and surveillance, and access control.
Local indicators allow you to view the operations of each audio signal; local LED status Indicators help monitor system diagnostics and performance parameters. For single mode fibers, laser based systems are used; for highly reliable and repeated output, Surface Mount Technology (SMT) is used. FC optical connectors and hot swappable rack cards allow you to remove the card even when the system is operational. To obtain stable optical laser output over full temperature range, it has a back-biased photo detector circuitry.
The unidirectional audio channel uses internal switching power supplies and meets NEMA TS1 / TS2 & CALTRANS specifications. To provide protection from fault currents, the equipment has automatically resettable solid-state current limiters on all power lines. Wide optical dynamic range allows clear image capture even when lighting intensities vary widely across the field-of-view. It has a 3-pin screw terminal connector for convenient and easy connection of the audio channel interfaces.
- Receives two 24-bit unidirectional audio channels over a single optical fiber compatible with Meridian's SpectraSmart Network management and diagnostic PC based system
- Local indicators - view the operations of each audio channel
- Local LED status indicators are used to monitor critical system diagnostics and performance parameters
- Laser-based system for single mode fiber
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT) for high reliability and repeatability
- FC optical connector
- Hot-swappable rack card - remove card when the system is operational
- Back-biased photo detector circuitry for stable optical laser output
- Internal switching power supplies
- Meets NEMA TS1 / TS2 & CALTRANS specifications
- Automatically resettable solid-state current limiters for protection from fault currents
- Wide optical dynamic range and 3-pin terminal connectors for easy and convenient connection of the audio channel interfaces