The Victory Varipoint 2.5-10x42 T* from Zeiss is an excellent all-purpose scope with remarkable twilight performance. The combination of an enhanced magnification range with an efficient yet trim 42mm objective offers a wide field of view, brilliant low-light capability, and enough power to reach out across greater distances.
Victory Varipoint scopes have their reticle placed in the first focal plane, while the illuminated portion is placed in the second image plane. Increasing the scope's power magnifies the apparent field of view, while the size of the illuminated aiming point does not change.
Like all Victory riflescopes, the Varipoint offers a distinctly superior field of view. Fluoride lenses deliver outstanding color rendition while minimizing distractions from flare and glare. Every air-to-glass surface has been treated with Zeiss' T* multicoating to ensure maximum light transmission. Finally, the external lens surfaces have been treated with an ultra-hard scratch and water resistant LotuTec coating.
The construction and functionality of this fine sighting system is quite remarkable. The robust and waterproof 30mm main-tube is o-ring sealed and filled with dry nitrogen to ensure all-weather performance. The low-key finish is refined yet unassuming. Capped low-profile hunting turrets offer 1/3 MOA adjustments with a squared 44 MOA range of correction. This Varipoint scope is configured with an integral Zeiss mounting rail and the illuminated #60 reticle.
- Optical Performance
- T* multicoating: reduces flare, improves contrast, increases light transmission
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, grime. Lenses wipe clean without smearing
- FL Concept: fluoride glass lens elements deliver brighter and sharper images with accurate color and higher levels of contrast. They minimize chromatic aberrations while virtually eliminating stray light interference, image fuzziness, low contrast.
- Operational Details
- Parallax correction: factory preset at 110 yards/100 m
- Metric adjustments: 1 cm @ 100 m / 1/3 MOA W&E correction
- Varipoint reticle system: the reticle is in the first focal plane, while the illuminated dot is in the second focal plane. This sophisticated configuration keeps the size of the dot constant while the reticle magnifies when increasing the magnification. The reticle's brightness is controlled by a rotary knob located on the left side of the center tube.
- Illuminated #60 reticle: Three thin posts at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, a single stadia at 12 o'clock, and fine crosshairs to indicate the exact point of aim. At the intersection of the crosshairs there is a single dot that can be illuminated for enhanced visibility.
- The illumination system is activated by turning a dial located on the scope's saddle. The reticle's intensity can be balanced against ambient lighting conditions for daytime, twilight, and low-light use.
- Construction and Design
- Low-profile hunting turrets
- 30 mm main-tube: machined from a single piece of aluminum. Nitrogen filled/o-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance
- Zeiss Rail Mount: this mounting system does not employ traditional ring mounts to fit the scope to the firearm. Instead, a set of claw-type Zeiss Railmounts are attached to the firearm's Weaver or Picatinny rail. These Railmounts interface with the toothed rail on the underside of the scope to ensure a solid repeatable mount.