This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Victory Varipoint 3-12x56 T* from Zeiss is an excellent all-purpose scope with remarkable twilight performance. The combination of an enhanced magnification range with an efficient yet trim 42mm objective offers a wide field of view, brilliant low-light capability, and enough power to reach out across greater distances.
Victory Varipoint scopes have their reticle placed in the first focal plane, while the illuminated portion is placed in the second image plane. Increasing the scope's power magnifies the apparent field of view, while the size of the illuminated aiming point does not change.
Like all Victory riflescopes, the Varipoint offers a distinctly superior field of view. Fluoride lenses deliver outstanding color rendition while minimizing distractions from flare and glare. Every air-to-glass surface has been treated with Zeiss' T* multicoating to ensure maximum light transmission. Finally, the external lens surfaces have been treated with an ultra-hard scratch and water resistant LotuTec coating.
The construction and functionality of this fine sighting system is quite remarkable. The robust and waterproof 30mm main-tube is o-ring sealed and filled with dry nitrogen to ensure all-weather performance. The low-key finish is refined yet unassuming. Capped low-profile hunting turrets offer 1/3 MOA adjustments with a squared 36.7 MOA range of correction.
This Victory scope features the illuminated #60 reticle and an integral mounting rail. The Zeiss Rail Mount eliminates the need for traditional mounting rings that can scar the finish of the scope's tube. Instead, the rail system employs a pair of claw-type Railmounts to attach the scope to a Weaver or Picatinny mount.
- Optical Performance
- FL Concept: fluoride ion glass to deliver brighter, sharper, and more saturated images
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, grime. Lenses wipe clean without smearing
- T* multicoating: reduces flare, improves contrast, increases light transmission
- Advanced Optics System: Environmentally friendly lead and arsenic free glass yields exceptional resolution, contrast, color reproduction
- Operational Details
- Parallax correction: factory preset at 109 yards/100 m
- Metric adjustments: 1 cm @ 100 m / 1/3 MOA W&E correction
- Varipoint reticle system: the reticle is in the first focal plane, while the illuminated dot is in the second focal plane. This sophisticated configuration keeps the size of the dot constant while the reticle magnifies when increasing the magnification. The reticle's brightness is controlled by a rotary knob located on the left side of the center tube.
- Illuminated #60 reticle: Three thin posts at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, a single stadia at 12 o'clock, and fine crosshairs to indicate the exact point of aim. At the intersection of the crosshairs there is a single dot that can be illuminated for enhanced visibility.
- Construction and Design
- Low-profile hunting turrets
- 30 mm main-tube: machined from a single piece of aluminum. Nitrogen filled/o-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance
- Zeiss Rail Mount: this mounting system does not employ traditional rings to fit the scope to the firearm. Instead, a set of claw-type Zeiss railmounts are fitted to the Weaver or Picatinny rail on the firearm. The Railmounts interface with the toothed rail on the underside of the scope to ensure a solid repeatable mount.