If you're looking for a high performance, high resolution (1400 x 1050 SXGA+) projector, with advanced imaging features the Canon REALiS SX80 Mark II D may be exactly what you want.
Using LCOS display technology along with Canon's patented AISYS technology this projector delivers razor-sharp image quality from both PCs and video sources, right up to 1080p with Deep Color. Deep Color produces a minimum of 1.07 billion colors (more than the eye can perceive) to create the smoothest, most true-to-life images you can imagine.
What puts the "D" in "Mark II D" is its ability to simulate the DICOM medical imaging mode for displaying monochrome medical images like X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs. Its built-in 12-bit gamma processing produces 4,096 gray levels for smooth gradation of images.
The Mark II D is considered a DICOM simulator because it's not an approved medical device. However, it's an excellent tool for use during medical lectures, academic conferences, in-hospital conferences and the like.
In Photo Mode you can make precise adjustments to the projector's color temperature and color level. With a brightness of 3000 lumens and a contrast level of 900:1 you can view this projector's images even in a fairly bright large room.
The REALiS SX80 Mark II D not only displays beautiful images, it's easy to operate with its many convenience features. Turn it on and it can automatically set the focus, discover the correct input and correct for keystoning and screen color.
There's a built-in USB port to present without a PC using the PictBridge industry standard. In addition to USB devices like flash drives you can display directly from compatible cameras and camcorders.
And there are RJ-45 (Ethernet) and RS-232 jacks so it's network ready. You can control a whole fleet of REALiS SX80 Mark II Ds using a PC over a LAN, WAN or from the other side of the world via the Internet. You can even have it email you when certain faults are discovered, like a burnt out bulb.
Of course it's got a worldwide compatible power supply and NTSC, PAL and SECAM compatibility built in. When you want superior performance, as well as fast, easy, and quiet operation anywhere in the world, you want the REALiS SX80 Mark II D.
- 3,000 Lumens and 900:1 Contrast Ratio
- The SX80 Mark II D has the projection power for medium to large rooms with enough ambient light for your audience to take notes.
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- The REALiS SX80 Mark II D features a DICOM Simulation image mode setting, that allows the projector to be calibrated to the DICOM 14 standard—a grayscale standard display function used by virtually every medical professional that utilizes images within the medical education industry. Images such as X-rays, CAT scans, and MRIs that are typically displayed on DICOM compliant monitors can now be projected with the REALiS SX80 Mark II D using the same DICOM standard. This feature is recommended for use in medical schools for training and educational use only.
- Native SXGA+ Resolution (1400 x 1050)
- To match the increasing demand for high resolution display technology, the REALiS SX80 Mark II D features high resolution SXGA+; perfect for displaying crisp video, photographs, fine text, spreadsheets, CAD drawings, and engineering diagrams. Compared to XGA, it offers a significantly larger display range capable of reproducing even the smallest details with razor-sharp precision.
- Famous Canon Optical Engineering
- The REALiS SX80 Mark II D's new 1.5x zoom lens suppresses the distortion of images to the maximum extent. Made possible by Canon lens design technology, the new REALiS SX80 Mark II D is able to project images more faithfully. The lens also features a 10:0 lens offset, which maintains the lower edge of projected images matching the optical axis of the lens. This permits projection of high quality images without the deterioration in image quality caused by keystone correction.
- HDMI Version 1.3
- The REALiS SX80 Mark II D is the first Canon projector equipped with an HDMI terminal (version 1.3 Deep Color) which can display 1.073 billion colors. It supports full HD 1080p signals provided by HDTV capable satellite, cable boxes, and Blu-ray players. Connect an HD capable satellite or cable box, digital camcorder or Blu-ray player to the HDMI terminal for instant display of high definition video.
- LCOS Technology
- With Canon Liquid Crystal On Silicon technology, you get all the brilliance and image sharpness of this innovative technology, but in an ultra-portable and affordable projector—unlike any others on the market. It's the right choice for displaying bright, big-screen images without darkening the conference room or classroom. LCOS has taken projectors to a whole new level. This new technology means higher resolution images, seamless images with no flickering or "screen door" effect, quick image response for better looking moving images, smooth rendition of fine lines, seamless photo reproduction, sharp display of small text, and crisp blacks.
- Canon's Patented AISYS Technology Complements LCOS
- Only Canon's innovative, breakthrough AISYS technology achieves the right balance of contrast, brightness and compact size to maximize the performance of LCOS. Plus, Canon's new advanced AISYS optical engine features new optical elements, redesigned polarizing beam splitters, and a reconfigured optical layout. The result is improved light efficiency, uniformity and expanded color space.
- PC Free Presentations and PictBridge
- The REALiS SX80 Mark II is designed to accommodate new styles of presentations. The built-in USB port allows for connection of various media sources, such as USB flash drives or PictBridge compatible cameras and camcorders. Just plug in your flash drive or camera, and JPEG images are automatically resized and displayed.
- Network-ready RJ-45
- To maximize the usability of the REALiS SX80 Mark II D, its built-in network interface (RJ-45) enables centralized control and monitoring of multiple projector units from a networked PC. This makes it simple for an A/V team to operate ceiling mounted or remotely installed projectors from a PC screen, allowing fewer personnel to cover a larger service area. The REALiS SX80 Mark II D is compatible with industry-standard AMX, Crestron and Extron controllers, making it possible to construct a sophisticated AV system. In addition, email alerts can be sent to the central PC to give notification of any malfunctions or service issues which may arise in a projector. It can also be externally operated through its RS-232 port.
- Photo Mode
- Ambient light can cause changes in the accuracy of the colors being projected. The REALiS SX80 Mark II D's Photo Mode allows you to make adjustments to the projector's color temperature and color level, based on the lighting condition of the room. This feature makes it possible to accurately reproduce color, and provide faithful reproduction of changes in contrast—even on a large screen inside a bright room. Images projected onto the screen are as close to the actual work as possible.
- Advanced Color Management System
- Your projection screen is your canvas with the REALiS SX80 Mark II D's unparalleled color control. An easy-to-use GUI (graphical user interface) lets you adjust your palette of colors to paint the picture you want for your audience. The SX80 Mark II D's 6-axis (RGBCMY) color adjustment lets you fine-tune the hue and saturation of each of the primary and secondary colors. This high degree of control makes each projected image a masterpiece. With Memory/Vivid Color Correction, you can adjust the degree of vividness of each of the primary colors (red, green, and blue) and each of the secondary colors (cyan, magenta, and yellow). Choose between low, medium, and high to project the image the way you remember it.
- Auto Setup
The REALiS SX80 Mark II D's Auto Setup feature is quick and accurate. With the touch of a button, it only takes seconds to setup:
- Auto Keystone – project a perfect image by correcting for keystone distortion of +/- 20 degrees
- Auto Focus – your REALiS SX80 Mark II D measures the distance to the screen and makes your projected image razor-sharp
- Auto Input – the projector automatically detects the input port
- Auto Screen Color – the projector automatically compensates for the color of the projection surface
Note:The SX80 Mark II D is not a licensed medical device and should not be used for diagnosis or treatment.