VoiceTone Create XT from TC Helicon is a floor pedal that provides the "ear candy" vocal effects that producers call on every day to create hit tracks. The pedal improves on the original Create by incorporating HardTune (used by artists such as Tpain and Kanye West) and the rich, front-of-house quality reverb from its big brother, VoiceLive 2.
Create XT's high end reverb algorithm comes from tc electronic, a company with a long and successful history in reverb processing. Engaging the "On" button will give you the sense of space that adds warmth to your vocal whether you've chosen a long tail for a ballad, or a shorter one for an up tempo song.
When it's time to pick your vocal effects, the unit offers you several ways to define your sound. Ten factory presets give you a wide range of useful effects with each preset having A and B settings that can be easily toggled when needed. To customize sound, the 100 styles offer pre-programmed effect-chains, with a wide range of subtle-to-insane effects that can be made into easily accessible presets.
The styles are organized by effects category and by musical genre. Genres include pop/R n' B, rock/metal, oldies, jazz/ballad and electronic. Even more sonic possibilities are offered by each style having effects enabled and others disabled. The Create XT has been made easier to use with individual on/off buttons for the effects blocks, new tweak controls, and an input for an optional Switch 3 footswitch.
New Features in Create XT
- Front-of-house-quality reverb algorithm from VoiceLive 2
- HardTune for live, auto-tuned vocal effects
- Tone button that polishes and smoothes vocals with adaptive Live Engineer Effects
- Dedicated effect block on/off buttons for easy preset customizing
- Selectable "Tweak" parameters give you access to the important elements in the current sound
- Easy selection of HardTune scale and key from a standing position
- Pedal input that accepts TC Helicon 3 button footswitch for more creative performances
- USB connection for easy software updates, tips and preset backup using the included VoiceSupport application
- Complete pre-programmed effect chains
- 100 factory styles are available to customize presets
- Edit and store up to 10 presets, each with an A or B option
- Lush reverb effects include halls, rooms, plates, spring, ambience
- Various tempo-controlled delay effects including slap, echo, ping pong, multi-tap
- Modulation effects include detune, chorus, flange, doubling, rotor and more
- Transducer effects include popular megaphone, distortion and effect filters
- Flexible effects switching methods
- XLR microphone input and XLR output in stereo or mono
- Clean, low noise, studio quality microphone preamp with phantom power