The 1TB PortaGig 62 Portable Hard Drive from Glyph-Technologies is a dual-drive portable RAID system. The drive can connect to your computer via eSATA, FireWire-800, or USB 2.0. It draws power via the FireWire-800 bus, allowing you to transfer data and power over a single cable when connected via FireWire-800.
It can be configured as a RAID 0 for maximum performance, a RAID 1 for maximum security, or as a spanned volume. Integrated fans keep the disks cool during operation. When connected via eSATA, the drive can transfer data at speeds of up to 177MB/sec. An external power supply is included for use with computers that lack FireWire-800.
- Dual-Drive, Portable RAID Storage Solution
- The PortaGig 62 offers 1TB of capacity in a small package, complete with a cooling fan and rear power switch. With two internal SATA drives, it uses the next-generation Oxford 936 chip, supporting RAID 0, RAID 1, and Spanning. Connected by FireWire-800, USB or eSATA, it reports the health of the two internal drives using Glyph Manager. A software utility for setting the drive mode, Glyph Manager also reports case temperature, fan speed, individual drive health and temperature, as well as any drive errors or rebuild failures. Glyph Manager constantly monitors the health as a background task using S.M.A.R.T. commands, and if a problem is detected, it alerts the user by blinking the front LED red, and bouncing an icon in the Mac OS X dock or displaying an error balloon from the Windows System Tray. By predicting drive failure, you have a chance to backup your data before any is lost
- Speeds and Performance
- PortaGig 62 drives are available in 7200rpm and 5400rpm models and use only Seagate brand hard disk mechanisms. Seagate drives live up to their reputation for performance, quality, and durability. All models of the PortaGig 62 perform well in an audio environment, however the 7200rpm models have slightly higher track counts compared to the 5400rpm models due to their higher transfer rates
- Tested and Approved
- The PortaGig 62 has been qualified with Digidesign Pro Tools to support over 70 tracks of 24-bit/48k audio, with edits
- Superlative Warranty
- Glyph-Technologies offers the best warranty in the industry, including a 3-year product warranty, 2 years of free Level I Data Recovery, and 1 year of free overnight advance replacement