Designed as an affordable computerized 'Go-To' telescope, the NexStar 90SLT telescope from Celestron provides an excellent balance of power, performance, and portability. With its computer-automated technology, the SLT is up and running after locating 3 bright celestial objects.
This SLT is a Maksutov-Cassegrain reflector with a 90mm aperture and a focal length of 1250mm. The optical system is fully coated for enhanced sharpness and clarity. Two eyepieces are included - one 25mm as well as a 9.0mm. The mounting platform incorporates a sturdy stainless steel tripod with a motorized and computerized altazimuth mount.
New and experienced observers will appreciate NexStar 90SLT's comprehensive database of 4000+ objects, along with the customized lists of the most intriguing deep-sky objects, planets, and double stars.
Combining a first-class feature-set with Celestron's legendary optical standards, the 90SLT provides amateur astronomers with a sophisticated and easy-to-use telescope. The computerized hand-control provides simple on-screen instructions that guide the observer through the alignment procedures. Each step, helpful hints, and valuable reference materials are easily accessible to ensure a simple and pleasurable viewing experience.
- NexStar 90SLT Telescope
- Maksutov-Cassegrain reflector
- Aperture: 90 mm/3.5"
- Focal Length: 1250 mm, f/13.9
- AFOV: 1.0°, LFOV: 53' @ 1000 yd
- Optical system: all-glass, fully coated
- 2 Eyepieces: 25 mm - 50x, 9.0 mm - 139x
- StarPointer finderscope for accurate alignment and object location
- Motorized Altazimuth Mount
- Lightweight computerized altazimuth mount
- Fully enclosed motors and optical encoders
- Fully adjustable sturdy stainless-steel tripod
- Flash upgradeable fully computerized hand control
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Educational astronomy software CD-ROM "The Sky" with printable sky maps
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Hand control and motors are powered by 8 user-supplied AA batteries or optional 12V AC adapter
- NSOL telescope control software: provides basic telescope control via computer with optional RS-232 cable
- Computerized hand controller with NexStar computer control offers 4,000 object database and storage for programmable user defined objects
- Tracking rates: sidereal, solar, lunar. Tracking modes: alt-az, EQ north/south. Slew speeds: 1,2,3°/sec - 64x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x. Alignment procedures: skyalign, auto 2-star, 1-star, 2-star, solar system.