Guitar Method - Using a myriad of techniques and instruction, this software program will help you learn guitar - irrespective of whether of its rock, country or classical.
In a fun and interesting way, you'll learn everything from notation to chord structure and from strumming to picking. The program uses actual songs that we all know and love to help you get started. From there, you can leave it to your own creativity to enhance your own playing.
The program uses a variety of approaches including split-screen images to show you both hands. You'll see close ups of hand positions to assist you. In addition, both guitar tablature and traditional musical notation are used.
As a bonus you'll get an animated fretboard feature which will help you to understand even more the concept of "position". Also included is a digital metronome to help you keep time. You'll be able to slow down the music for more intensive study. Loop your music so you can repeat any section you need practice with.
This is a full and comprehensive learning program that will take you from knowing nothing to playing music like you've always wanted to.
Sample songs that are included are:
- Bob Dylan ("Knockin' on Heaven's Door")
- Rolling Stones/The Doors ("Little Red Rooster")
- The Steve Miller Band ("Rock N' Me")
- Heart ("Dreamboat Annie")
- Rod Stewart/Tom Waits ("Downtown Train")
- The Grateful Dead ("Uncle John's Band").
- and many more...
- Instant Feedback on Your Playing
- Instant Feedback shows you when you play the correct notes on your guitar as you progress through an exercise. With a microphone connected to your computer and a guitar in your hand, play the first note you see in the exercise (or song) on any screen featuring the "ear" icon in the upper right corner and the computer will highlight the note for you in green. As you reach your goals of getting all notes to change color in each exercise, you'll discover that reading tablature and music notation is easier than you ever thought possible
- Note and Finger Tracker
- The Note Tracker and Finger Tracker tools help you see more easily what note you're playing by displaying the note as music notation and on an animated fretboard. You'll be able to correct your playing quickly and learn to read music fast
- Interactive Flash Card Quizzes
- After you've been prepped with exercises designed to teach you to read tablature and notation, try the interactive flash card quizzes to reinforce what you have learned. Flash Quizzes utilize our Pitch Tracking technology to detect notes played on your acoustic guitar
- Over 180 Step-by-Step Lessons
- 10 Chapters - Lessons cover the basics from holding, stringing, and tuning the guitar to playing chords and melodies, culminating in an explanation of finger picking styles and reading standard music notation. Lessons include a variety of exercises and songs. In total, there are over 50 high-quality videos and over three hours of audio and video
- Over 50 Large-Format Videos
- Professional guitar instructor Kevin Garry, Ph.D., guides you in over 50 videos with demonstrations of techniques - now larger, with enhanced quality. You can even view them enlarged to fit the width of your screen
- Music Notation Display Options
- Learn via guitar tablature or standard music notation through this easily accessible menu option
- Variable-Speed MIDI
- Slows down the audio to any tempo, while the Animated Fretboard shows song fingering as the music plays. Learn at the pace best suited to your skill level
- Animated Fretboard
- Displays fingering positions for you as the music plays. It allows you to see exactly how to play the song on a simulated guitar fretboard as you listen to the music and the music tracking highlights the notes being played on the screen. Since you can highlight and loop any section of the music (or even double-click on a single note in the music), you can use the Animated Fretboard to make difficult sections or quick changes easier to manage and learn. The Animated Fretboard makes it simple to follow along with the lesson content. Includes option for both right- and left-handed views, and, just for fun, choose from six different fretboard skins modeled after classic guitars
- Automatic Tuner
- Tune your guitar quickly and easily. A precision gauge allows you to play into your computer's microphone and tune up interactively. Reference tuning notes are included
- Chord Dictionary
- With fingering charts and recorded playback for over 250 chords. Find new chords for songs quickly
- Digital Metronome
- Set your own speed and keep a steady beat
- Digital Recorder
- Save your recordings and play back to share and compare