The Zeiss Compact Prime Distagon 18mm/T3.6 Cinema Lens offers the affordability and optics of the award-winning ZF DSLR lenses with the functionality and handling of a motion picture lens. A sturdy, industry-standard PL mount combines with a cine-style lens housing to provide the ergonomics and precision necessary for shooting motion pictures. The same light weight and identical dimensions are used for every focal length, ensuring ease of use from one lens to the next. And with an optional lens mount adapter, this affordable, professional quality lens can be used on both cinema and still cameras--opening up creative possibilities that keep your rig lightweight, versatile, and on budget.
Note! Unlike the larger focal length Compact Primes, the 18mm/T3.6 does not cover full-frame 35mm sensors. On cameras such as the Canon 5D Mark II, vignetting will occur.
- Cine Style Housing
The cine style lens housing ensures a robust construction and well-thought-out ergonomics that have been custom-designed for the rigors of life on the set.
- Solid precision construction--stable with lens motors
- Standard housing dimensions for all focal lengths
- Focus ring turns in standard cine lens direction
- Compact and lightweight for handheld and Steadicam use
- High Optical Performance
The modern lens design as well as the cine manufacturing process and tight tolerances ensure low distortion, high resolution and excellent color rendition for sharp, punchy images.
- High resolution and contrast
- Low distortion
- Full-frame coverage (24 x 36 mm) for focal lengths 21 to 85 mm (18mm covers ANSI Super 35 and Normal 35 image format)
- Color matched
- Unique 14-Blade Iris
- The iris opening of the Compact Prime lenses is created by 14 high precision blades. It stays consistently round and symmetrical over the entire T-stop range. This translates into natural and pleasing out-of-focus highlights and a smooth bokeh.
- Great flare suppression through T* anti-reflex coating and internal light traps
- Calibrated lens scales
- Standard focus and iris gear positions
- Stable exposure due to manual operated aperture
- Robust and reliable cine style housing
- Longer focus rotation and a manual focus
- Consistent front diameter from lens to lens