The Sony MHC-EC909iP Mini Shelf System is ideal when you want a lot of excellent audio from a compact device. It's literally small enough to sit on a book shelf (or kitchen counter or a lot of other tight spots) but with two speakers and a subwoofer that put out a total of 540 watts RMS of audio impact it's sure to be heard, if not immediately seen.
The EX909iP's CD player can play MP3 files from CD-R and CD-RW discs in addition to conventional CDs. If want some variety turn to the AM/FM tuner for some talk or music. You can preset 10 of your favorite AM channels and 20 of your favorite FM channels.
Your EX909iP has a clock and both sleep and wake timers so you can drift off to sleep with music and wake up to it too.
The system also has inputs so you can plug in other devices, but for iPods and iPhones it's got a flip-down dock that's compatible with most recent models. The included remote can control your iPod or iPhone in addition to the radio and CD functions.
So how's the sound? Excellent. Each two-way speaker has both a tweeter and a woofer and puts out 180 watts. The 7.9" subwoofer puts out another 180 watts and handles the deep bass. The EQ function enhances the audio output for different kinds of music and when you really want to rattle the windows turn on the DSGX Bass Boost.
Whether you enjoy Handel of heavy metal (or both) the Sony MHC-EC909iP Mini Shelf System will make them sound their best, whether they're on prerecorded CDs, MP3 files you've burned to disc yourself or on the radio.
- 540 watts RMS of audio power including 7.9" subwoofer.
- CD player handles CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs including MP3 files you've burned to disc yourself.
- Loop and wire antennas included for AM/FM radio.
- Radio has 10 AM, 20 FM channel presets.
- Flip-down iPod/iPhone dock is compatible with most recent models.
- Remote control is multifunctional, controlling CD player, AM/FM radio and iPod/iPhone playback.