The MU Technologies MU Voice Harmony and Vocal Processing Plug-In gives musicians, producers and engineers an intuitive platform for creating realtime pitch correction, effects and up to four part harmonies. This musician friendly plug-in will run on Mac and Windows operating systems, and supports VST, Audio Units and RTAS formats. Correct pitch problems for both mono vocals and instrument tracks, create harmonies based on scale or closest half-step, create doubling and special effects. Its 5.8ms latency makes it an ideal solution for both recording and live performances alike.
- Intelligent Harmonizing
- An "intelligent" harmonizer takes into account the musical context of a piece like chord and scale information. This is exactly what Mu Voice does. A four track mixer allows you to configure the voicing (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th voice) and octave for each channel.
- Scale / Chord Selection
- The chord panel offers a straight-forward interface to select chords. When a given key signature is selected, the diatonic series of chords is displayed. By clicking the chords and modifiers, a chord is selected for harmonization.
- Chord Scheme Editing
- Chords can be added to a scheme by pressing the "Insert" button or double clicking them. By clicking an item in the scheme one can navigate through a chord scheme.
- The mixer combines all four tracks and allows you to mute certain channels with the [M]-button. The first channel can be put in bypass ([B]-button). A pitch shift slider adds an extra interval to the channel. The range of the shift slider is expressed in half tones and can be quantized by pressing the [Q]-button.
Built-in Chromatic and Scale Tuning
- Chromatic: tune to the closest half note
- Scale: tune to the closest note in the current scale
- Pan: To obtain realistic spatial positioning, the panner uses interaural delays and interaural gains that are based on psychoacoustic measurements. The panning parameter corresponds with the angle relative to the listeners nose.
- Humanizing: When the pitches of the harmonies are coupled too tight, they might interfere and be perceived as a single distorted voice. The "humanization" parameter solves this problem by adding very slight random pitch variations and an additional delay.
- Formants: The formants determine the "timbre" or "color" of the voice. When the pitch of the Voice is altered, the formants are maintained. One can disable the formant correction by pressing the green button next to the slider. The formant slider controls a linear scaling of the formants and alters the color of the voice. By shifting the pitch up and scaling the formants, the voice of a women can be changed to the voice of a young girl.
- Filters: Mu Voice offers a number of filter presets; high-pass, band-pass, comb-filters, notch filters
- Harmonic EQ-ing: The proprietary spectral analysis technique on which Mu Voice is based, allows you to control the amplitude of each harmonic in the sound. We named this effect harmonic EQ-ing. A number of presets are provided that illustrate this unique feature.
- Preset Management
- To keep the large number of control parameters manageable, all parameters that are not related to the chord scheme can be saved in presets. By selecting a preset, configuring the parameters and pressing the 'Save'-button, the preset is stored. When a preset is selected and the 'Apply'-button is pressed, the preset is loaded. Presets can also be added to the chord scheme by pressing the 'Insert'-button.
- Write Mode: The plug-in is put in write-mode by pressing the [W]-button above the chord scheme. When you select a starting point and press the right arrow on your keyboard, you will move to the next position in the scheme while the timing of this event is recorded.
- Read Mode: The plug-in is put in read-mode by pressing the [R]-button above the chord scheme. The plug-in will synchronize itself to the host time so that it becomes fully automated.
- MIDI Controls
- The MIDI enabled version gives you full control from a keyboard, making it an excellent tool to perform live. Use it from a real-time host like Ableton Live and Apple MainStage.
- A state-of-art chord recogntion system to control the scale and chord over time.
- Preset Selection
- Chord scheme navigation
- The plug-in can be configured for any keyboard
- Sample Rate Support
- Mu Voice supports 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz
- XML Based File Exchange
- The plug-in state, chord scheme and presets can all be saved in XML. This makes the configuration of your plug-in readable, editable and portable over all platforms.
- SIMD Optimizations
- Mu Voice is highly optimized exploiting special processor instruction sets like SSE for Intel processors and Altivec for PowerPC's.
- Mu Voice uses two data files, W.dat and Y.dat. When it can't find them it generates them automatically. Therefore, when you launch the plug-in for the first time it will take a while to appear. From there on it will launch smoothly.