The Gitzo GH1781QR Series 1 Basalt Center Ball Head with a Quick Release system is extremely well balanced and is capable of supporting heavy equipment up to 22.5 lb (10 kg). This device's main component, Gitzo's Bubble Ball, features an ultra-thin wall for weight reduction and helps to deliver a head with accurate adjustments, a low center of gravity, and smooth, precise tilts ranging from 95° to -13° in addition to 360° panning.
A center Spring Assisted Double Lock (SADL) combines two locking systems in one, which maximizes both locking power and ball smoothness. The Quick Release system provides for fast removal and replacement of your equipment and it is built with three bubble levels on the quick release plate plus one in the ball stem for highly accurate positioning.
- Spring-Assisted Double Lock
- This ball head features a center Spring Assisted Double Lock (SADL), a patent pending system that combines two locking systems in one that maximizes both locking power and ball smoothness. A high friction metal guarantees a high efficiency lock; the PTFE bushing controlled by a pre-loaded spring maximizes smoothness and control.
- Separate Pan Control
- When using a ball head, the ability to lock and unlock the panning movement independent of front-back or lateral tilt movements is convenient for panoramic photography and when a high level of control is required.
- Double Quick Release Safety System
- The system consists of two pins, one fixed and one manually, operated by means of a button which prevents camera equipment from suddenly dropping out of the head when the quick release locking knob is released. This is extremely useful with heavy equipment, long lenses and spotting scopes.
- Friction Control
- By fine tuning the freedom of movement of the head, friction control makes the head slower and more precise or faster and looser. This feature also helps to make using heavy equipment or long lenses safer.
- Safe Grip
- Safe Grip is a material that gives a safer lock between your camera and the head plate, preventing the camera from moving or slipping. It is used on quick release plates and in applications where the camera equipment is screwed to the support to reduce pivoting and twisting.
- Leveling Bubble
- The leveling system consists of three independent leveling bubbles on the quick release plate and one in the ball stem to guarantee perfectly leveled images. The problem that affects many high quality heads in the market regarding drift angle is absolutely minimized with an outstanding value of 0.03°.
- Bubble Ball
- Gitzo has developed an exclusive technology to produce their Bubble Ball, a high quality completely round hollow sphere with an ultra thin wall for an incredible weight reduction over previous models. The Bubble Ball also features a perfected PTFE treatment that further reduces the surface micro roughness for the ultimate shooting experience and accuracy.