This Equinox HD6 mechanical underwater housing is designed for the Sony HDR-CX550 camcorder. The corrosion-resistant housing is constructed from rugged and durable PVC with 1" cast acrylic face plates and stainless-steel hardware; it is rated to a depth of up to 330' (100.6 m).
Features include 5 manual controls: power/standby, record-start/stop, zoom, photo, and memory switch. The housing includes a blue water color-correcting filter, and a wide-angle lens. The housing also features the Ballast Release System. For easy travel, or if trouble occurs on a dive, simply pull the quick-release pin on the wings in order to release the wings and handle (ballast), the housing now becomes positive and shoots to the surface. The camcorder monitor will open approximately 45° in the housing. For full use of the camcorder monitor, the Equinox 2.5" LCD 6" Monitor Back w/ RCA Female Plug (available separately) is required.
5 Mechanical Controls (standard, other controls are optional)
- Memory switch
- BRS (Ballast Release System)
- For easy travel or if trouble occurs on a dive, simply pull the quick release pin on the wings in order to release the wing and handle (ballast), and the housing now becomes positive and shoots to the surface
- Lightweight, Durable & Strong
- Housing body construction is rugged, durable PVC material, with stainless-steel hardware
- Rubber feet for stability even on a rocking boat
- D-ring on rear plate for easy hook up to a lanyard
- Depth Rated
- Maximum depth of 330' (100.6 m)
- Easy Mounting
- One tray slide mounting system for easy mounting and removal of camera