This Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG HSM Lens for Pentax K Mount is for DSLR cameras with a Pentax K lens mount. It is an ultra-telephoto zoom lens ideal for nature, wildlife, or sports photography. This lens is designed for full-frame cameras and is also compatible with APS-C format DSLRs. The zoom range translates into the approximate focal length equivalence of 225-750mm when used with APS-C cameras.
A Hyper Sonic Motor enables fast, smooth and quiet auto focus and its rear focus system prevents focus-dependent variation in aberration, provides quick, convenient manual focus and a non-rotating, non-extending front barrel during focus. Its APO apochromatic design with three Special Low Dispersion glass elements virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations and the DG-system and Super Multi-Layer coated optics reduce flare and ghosting.
For such a long telephoto zoom lens, this is a compact and lightweight option with an included rotating tripod collar. It also inlcludes a dedicated lens hood and carrying case. It is compatible with the optional Sigma APO teleconverter.
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-C size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length equivalence to about 225 to 750mm with most cameras.
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) system ensures quiet and high-speed auto focusing with full time manual focus override.
- Three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements provide excellent correction for chromatic aberration.
- The improved DG lens design corrects for various aberrations throughout the zoom range.
- Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces ghost and flare.