From toddler to teen to adult the Samsung DVD-C500 Upconverting DVD Player has features every member of the family can use and enjoy.
Have you ever seen what a little kid can do to a DVD in a matter of seconds? Give them a few minutes and the disc will look like Tokyo after Godzilla strolled through it. Well, if a DVD is in really bad shape, it's time to buy a new one. But for minor dings and scratches the C500 has this cool feature Samsung calls Defect Disc Recovery Solution. Samsung says the C500 "plays perfectly through scratches, smudges and tilts." (We think 'tilts' refers to warping.) Rolling Actuator Technology handles the tilts.
The C500 is also dustproof. It actually removes dust as the disc spins. The dusting is augmented by using a Viterbi error correction algorithm to lower the error rate of the recording. All this high technology makes your C500 as close to dustproof as any DVD player is likely to get any time soon.
A feature everybody will enjoy is progressive scan with upconversion. It works when you connect the player to your TV set via an HDMI cable (available separately). The resulting picture is not as sharp as Blu-ray. But it's so close many people can't tell the difference.
The next best thing to HDMI is component video output with digital coaxial audio output. Your C500 has both. They too will give you excellent video and audio.
Your C500 can play not only regular DVDs and CDs, but a number of types you can burn yourself.
Another feature couch potatoes everywhere will love is Anynet+. That's Samsung's brand of the HDMI CEC standard. It allows compatible components that are connected by HDMI cables to be controlled by a single remote.
Take another look at that price. That's all you'll pay for all of the amazing features of the Samsung DVD-C500 Upconverting DVD Player. Kind of makes you want to click that Add to Cart button, doesn't it?
- See Things Clearly With Progressive Scan Out
- Everything's twice as real with Progressive Scan Out. It takes a conventional HDTV, with its outdated interlacing method of delivering data, two passes to display what Full HD 1080p's Progressive Scan Out delivers in one. That means you get a smoother, cleaner, better picture that's full of vivid detail—perfect for viewing fast-paced sports and action flicks you love so much.
- Plays Perfectly Through Scratches, Smudges and Tilts
- Whether it's a scratch or finger mark interrupting your film, Samsung's Defect Disc Recovery Solution automatically makes all the necessary adjustments to deliver a crystal clear picture so you never have to get off the couch. And our Rolling Actuator Technology makes sure a curved or tilted disc surface won't sabotage your quiet night in either. Just get comfy, press play and let Samsung do the rest.
- DVD playback is smooth and uninterrupted thanks to Samsung's dustproof feature. It actually removes dust while the disc is rotating. And with the player's Viterbi detector in action, you're ensured enhanced performance and a dramatically lower error rate.
- Advanced 14-Bit Video D/A Converter
- Enjoy enhanced dynamic contrast and sharper details. 14-bit video digital-to-analog conversion with high-speed 108 MHz video processing increases the image's resolution so that it's as close to the original DVD source as possible. You'll experience more life-like pictures and amazing color quality.
- Multiple Disc And File Playback Formats
- Your C500 offers a host of playback formats including DVD, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA and JPEG.
- Anynet+ Means You Have One Remote to Rule Them All
- Anynet+ is an AV network system to automatically control Samsung audio-video (AV) devices connected by HDMI cables. There's no need to use different remote controls for different devices. With the Anynet+ feature, all you need is one remote control for a simple and convenient experience.