The Vaddio ProductionVIEW HD SDI Camera Control has 6 HD/SD inputs, which can be up/down-converted from SD-SDI up to 3 Gig HD-SDI output resolutions; it has an integrated 6 x 2 HD/SD-SDI seamless video switcher. The console's camera auto-sensing feature easily detects the 6 discrete cameras. Since it is a live broadcast production console, there is only one frame of delay, a useful feature for live production where image magnification is used.
User-selectable transitions include cross fade, wipes (9), cuts, and FTB (Fade to Black), with the transition time being adjustable from 0 to 4 seconds. Video graphics insertion (i.e. "lower third") is possible through the unique LSG (Lower Screen Graphics) system. LSG allows users to insert graphics from a variety of graphics programs without the added complexity of luminance or chroma keying.
Each camera is provided with 12 camera presets (12 x 6) that are stored internally in the console. The broadcast-style 3-axis Hall-effect joystick with twist handle zoom control can be used to control the 6 discrete cameras. Built-in knobs allow for easy adjustment of focus, iris, and transition speed, as well as PTZ control.
- 6 HD/SD-SDI inputs accept any combination of input signals from HD-SDI and SDI video sources (HD-SDI at 1080p, 1080i and 720p; SD-SDI)
- Camera auto-sensing for easy camera detection
- User-selectable transitions include fades, cross fades, cuts, wipes as well as FTB (Fade to Black)
- LSG (Lower Screen Graphics) feature for video graphics insertion
- 12 camera presets per camera for effective camera control through a PTZ joystick
- User-friendly knobs for easy adjustment of focus, iris, transition speed, and PTZ
- AutoView contact inputs for camera switching